Fastest/most productive splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want the fastest way to process firewood check this out http://www.chomper.net/

Holy Cow !!!

That thing is impressive!!!!!

But I'm sure spendy.

Just as an FYI (for everyone)

The current money I am making off my wood, goes back into investment for wood cutting business.
As originally posted, looking for a productive splitter but have to be cost conscious on expenditures. You guys, have give me lot's of splitters, to look into that could be in my price range.
Looking around $3K maybe 4
Also, you gave me, and others some info on splitters that I/we can dream of owning someday.
So far I haven't realized the amount of different contraptions out there to split wood. Amazing!
Keep em coming, as I am investigating as soon as you guys reply
Thanks thus far, for the info
Logjam

the chomper is not very effective on hard wood like hard maple or stringy wood like yellow birch.I went and watched a demo of one here in the northeast and all the owner did was show me why he should have bought a different style processor.It does however work great w/straight grain wood and as the video shows plantation pine.I was very dissapointed because i was hot to own one.Dollar for dollar 1 sawyer ,1feeding splitter,1operating spitter and conveyor is hard to beat ,unless you are producing 500 plus cord/season then processor is the only alternative.My american splitter has log lift /30inch ram travel and is horizontal $3000.00 was easier to absorb than 16000.00 for abuiltrite processor ,plus the boys would just get fat.Hope my suggestions can help you out. Bill

I have a tw6 with a 6 way wedge and you can do a face cord in 10 min. It has a I think a 5 inch cylinder with a 3 inch shaft. The nice thing about it is that it has a auto cycle valve. When it gets to the end of the stroke it will go back by its self. That saves alot of time. lets you do alot of other things while splitting.

My Supersplit has been worth every penny. I can run sub 3 second splits and the machine is less than 2K. Let me tell you keeping up with it is plenty of exercise. Originally when I purchased it new it had a 3.5hp motor, super fuel efficient. After cracking the block on the motor I replaced it with a 6.5hp motor which helps in stringy wood. I bought my conveyor from a guy who had modified his supersplit adding a 6 way wedge, now that was a fast splitter.

That power split machine looks like it was done right. Anyone out there own one? If so how much is the double splitter with all the features? Any dealerships near PA?

Sunriseturf,
I don't own a powersplit machine. I built my own based on their concept and it works great.
I don't know if they have any dealers in your area. They are located in Canada. In the price list I received from them a couple of years ago they were asking $22,500 for their largest model with all the goodies. The price list did not state if that was U.S. or Canadian dollars.
Powersplit may have changed hands recently as I have seen another company TimberDevil now carries the same product.

http://www.powersplit.com/index.html

http://www.timberdevil.com/products.html

Supersplit?

My Supersplit has been worth every penny. I can run sub 3 second splits and the machine is less than 2K. Let me tell you keeping up with it is plenty of exercise. Originally when I purchased it new it had a 3.5hp motor, super fuel efficient. After cracking the block on the motor I replaced it with a 6.5hp motor which helps in stringy wood. I bought my conveyor from a guy who had modified his supersplit adding a 6 way wedge, now that was a fast splitter.
Hey CUCV,
I like this thing.
Do these things come with a 4 way wedge? This splitter could be in my price range. Most of what i split is oak.
Does it have to hit multiple times in twisted grained wood?

Sunriseturf,

Here are pics of the first powersplit style splitter I made. The first pic has the lift and cylinder in travel position. The second pic shows the splitter in use. The cylinder is raised by extending the ram and locking the cylinder in the upper work position.

Nice work!....Now you gotta get the double splitter working with the conveyor system and the hydrostatic forward and reverse. Thats nice work. How much do you have in it with time and materials? I might just commission you to build me one! Having the foot controls make life a lot easier too. Didn't see a need for it?

Sunriseturf,
I make the splitters out of mostly salvaged materials. The motor,cylinder,tires,rims, axle, and most of the steel was free. The steel is new but it is leftovers from other jobs. In the end I had less than $400 in it. I build them as a hobby. They are all prototypes I'm gathering materials for number 5. The time involved depends on the type of materials I acquire and what design improvements I decide to make.
As I said this is a hobby if I kept track of the time and material, my wife might find out and lock up my workshop and cut my allowance.:cry: :cry:

I love it......some guys like to build cars....others.......logsplitters. I'm on your side man. Me and my brother eat this stuff up. Keep me updated and get that foot pedal working on that beast.

more/more I love splitters

Sunriseturf,
I make the splitters out of mostly salvaged materials. The motor,cylinder,tires,rims, axle, and most of the steel was free. The steel is new but it is leftovers from other jobs. In the end I had less than $400 in it. I build them as a hobby. They are all prototypes I'm gathering materials for number 5. The time involved depends on the type of materials I acquire and what design improvements I decide to make.
As I said this is a hobby if I kept track of the time and material, my wife might find out and lock up my workshop and cut my allowance.:cry: :cry:
spliters and more spliters

Super split Log splitter Wanted

hi would like to buy a super split or a wood wolf inertia log splitter a used one wood be perfect anyone know someone that has one forsale ???
i have contact super split and they dont export them to New Zealand
any help would be appreciated contact me either 646 7544753 or email [email protected] or even someone that has one that has some pictures and dimensions measurements so i could build one ..plans?
thank you :)

Last edited:
For the Northstar (which I've looked into and am contemplating buying), the splitting time for the 22 ton is 13 seconds. That's compared to the 19 seconds for the 27 ton Troy Bilt.

Does anyone know the cycle rate of the Huskee 22 ton with the 6.5 Briggs? I know its the fastest I have ever used and dont think I would want one much faster.

Also how is the cycle rate measured if you dont mind. Still learning on the board.

Thanks
Shipper:biggrinbounce2:

I believe they around 14 seconds down and back and empty.

Latest posts

Back