Fastest/most productive splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi would like to buy a super split or a wood wolf inertia log splitter a used one wood be perfect anyone know someone that has one forsale ???
i have contact super split and they dont export them to New Zealand
any help would be appreciated contact me either 646 7544753 or email [email protected] or even someone that has one that has some pictures and dimensions measurements so i could build one ..plans?
thank you :)

Someone on AS built their own version of the super split. I don't remember the name of the thread. You will have to search for it.

Homebuilt SS Splitter

I built a flywheel splitter that is quite similar to the SS over the Fall & early Winter as time would allow me to work on it. Only had a couple of pics to go by, & memory of one I saw a few years ago at a Demo. Mine's not as polished as the SS, but functions quite well. I've split about 8 cords with it so far for my own use, & a few friends & family members. Here in SC we don't burn nearly as much wood as you guys up North do, but every bit helps with the gas & power bills. For pics of my homebuilt SS copy, look up the thread
" Anybody Try To Build a SuperSplit Logsplitter" . Pics on page 3.

Here's a direct link to it. http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=111335&highlight=super+split&page=3

For all that's been said about the different type & brands of splitters on AS, my 2 cents is that Paul builds a very high quality, extremely fast splitter. As far as the cost is concerned, he is not out of line whatsoever. Steel prices have sky rocketed the past few years, hardened rack & pinion gears, centrifugal clutch, bearings, flywheels, belts, motor, springs, etc. Then there's quite a bit of machine work and labor into building a SS. As a machine shop owner who's built one, I don't think SS is overpriced at all for what you get. Another factor in the cost is PRODUCT LIABILITY INSURANCE. Remember, these machines are lightning fast, and there's lots of IDIOTS out there. After building & running mine, I would never settle for anything else but a flywheel splitter.

hi would like to buy a super split or a wood wolf inertia log splitter a used one wood be perfect anyone know someone that has one forsale ???
i have contact super split and they dont export them to New Zealand
any help would be appreciated contact me either 646 7544753 or email [email protected] or even someone that has one that has some pictures and dimensions measurements so i could build one ..plans?
thank you :)

Hi flashash currently building a super split copy back here in the uk ,hopefully I should be able to send you some spec in a while, my email is [email protected] all the best .Mike

Shipper50

My definition of cycle time would be the elapsed time from start of the split cycle to the return of the cylinder.

I would expect the Huskee to have a cycle time of about 25 seconds with that motor. The commercial splitters have a cycle time of about 6-7 seconds. I can't speak of other brands but my Iron and Oak splitter gets alot of that reduced cycle time by speeding up the return stroke. This gives you a relatively quick splitting stroke followed by a very fast return stroke. The cylinder rod is much larger than my less expensive splitter reducing the area of the cylinder for a very fast return stroke. Also my splitter has a detent valve both directions. Once the split is started I don't have to hold the valve to split. This allows me to get another piece of wood to split while the splitter splits and returns.

As stated above to really get the most out of the commercial splitter requires more than 1 person. However even with one person the splitting rate is much faster than a slower splitter.

What does the motor have to do with cycle time? The only thing that determines cycle time is how much fluid the pump is moving when not under load combined with the volume of the cylinder taking in account the displacement of the rod on the return stroke. Unless you are talking about idling the motor vs. full speed. Otherwise, totally irrelevant..

Fastest splitter I've seen so far was my brothers TW6 with a 4 way wedge. 6 second cycle time, Auto foward and reverse. 1 guy could split a full chord in 35 minutes as long as he didn't have to chase the wood around. A neat stack next to the splitter and have at it...the thing was awesome.

Latest posts

Back