Favorite Saw of All Time ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saws

the 066 is my best saw ever for falling
i also like 372 and the 460 for cutting but when you have to go the 066 is the way to go here

the saw that i didnot like and was pissed off at was the 385 that the husky rep. gave me to try

saws

now if i am cutting firewood or smaller size trees
like cutting popular for lumberjack shows i like my 346 and i know i would like the 357 also

Brian,

What is your favorite bar/chain combo (aftermarket, I assume?) for your Echo 340's?

1st
Walkerized 026 pro w/18 bar.

2nd
041 AV Super w/24 in bar. Simiply a Tank. Will not stop, and will not bog, but unfortunately as heavy as one. This saw will probably outlast me.

Last edited:
First and favorite, blue 1972 vintage sears/roper 3.7PS (still don't really know what that means) aprox. 60cc all metal case roller nose bar similar to a sxl. Loud and torquey. Loved that old saw.

racereric,

If you're referring to the PS, it stands for Power Sharp. Saw has or had a built-in stone to touch-up the chain. Pushed a button to feed the stone with the saw at low revs. Weird looking chain. Pretty much junk from what I've heard.

Now, yours is a '72, while the saws I'm a little familiar with are mid '80s. Probably the same stuff.

Chris B.

As for my favorite, I love the 045 Super, but my 056 Mag has it beat. Got an 066 now, so the race is on again.

Last edited:
My vote I would have to go with PP372 .
The 372 is just a good all around saw.
although I may change my mind when i get the New Dolmar?

Eric
I hate to ask a dumb question but what the heck is a coppa user? Is that like a cop?
Are you the new AS police?
Later
Dan

HI
I think that I figured it out.
Coppa is Canadian, it stands for Cop Eh.
Later
Dan

No, your all wrong, coppa is when you take a bunch of coppa fittings, solder them together, throw in woodstove till cherry red, then with air hose, blow it up to make expancha chamba.
John

288 Husky.....I'm still pissed at Husky discontinuing this saw..Next in line would be the 395...I guess now that it's one of my favorites,they'll quit making it as well

Like most around here the 046 will do the trick for me. I do have an old Husky 2100 ported by Verne Hollenbeck that would scream with the best of em. Unfortunately your knuckles would be white in a few minutes, but that thing really pulled the redwood sawdust with a loop of 52AJ.

288 Husky.....I'm still pissed at Husky discontinuing this saw..Next in line would be the 395...I guess now that it's one of my favorites,they'll quit making it as well

It's still available in Brazil! :biggrinbounce2:

I haven't read every posting in this thread, I'll admit it...

My favorite saw that I've ever used is my 7900 with a 28 inch bar and fresh square ground chain.

Pull the trigger and she sings and pull square chips with a will. Like a laser saber, with power at all rpms. Funnest saw I've ever run.

If I could have only two saws it would be a 395 and a 7900. If I could have three saws it would be a 395 and two 7900s.

If I could only keep five of my saws it would be my 066, 395 two 7900s and a 5100. And a partridge in a pear tree.

Latest posts

Back