Feed roller rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The diagram showed a splined motor shaft not a taper with a key. And no ive never seen 4 thin washers holding it together... What is on the end of the motor shaft?

those are actuly a nut. wen it was new there would have ben a metal cage holding it together.

The diagram showed a splined motor shaft not a taper with a key. And no ive never seen 4 thin washers holding it together... What is on the end of the motor shaft?

Those are the 4 thin nuts that held the motor shaft onto the collar. There was a metal cage around them and that made it very tough to get them out. Bend a little and take one off and repeat. I tried to find 1 large nut to replace them but couldn't. I guess next time i'll deal with them again, except I used lock tight instead of the cage thing. I also used a good deal of never seize on all the couplings. That was a first for me and so far the motor is not leaking. I hope it holds out for a while before I have to do that again.
Thanks to everyone for all your input and knowledge.
Tom

Latest posts

Back