Feedback /Review thread for our site sponsors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opinion on if revue ,or feedback would be preferred

• Feedback

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • User Review

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Reaction score
This will be a discussion to throw ideas out there so people can review or leave positive feedback on the site sponsor services for chainsaw building ,lets throw some ideas together and see if this is something we can add to the site .

A section under user reviews for site sponsors would work i would think ,if someone got a service done ,like a rebuild or port job ,could leave a comment on if the transaction went smooth ,and were happy with the work ,Also to make this work ,only the 1 person that had the saw or power equipment worked on could post a comment ,and not open to further replies like the open forum .If the Mods could get a list and make a tab with a list of ALL the site sponsors in it ,people could browse through and read the reviews and decide who to hire .Ebay has an about me page for stores ,kind of like a small introduction of the shops and services ,something along that lines would be nice also to weed out porters vs stores selling parts only .

Darin approved the use of the existing product review section for site sponsors. I asked that a category for Saw Services get created. Once that happens I will work with the sponsors to set up their review section for each of them. The main page for their review will describe their "services" offered and anything they would like to disclose. Individuals that do business with said sponsor will have to go in and make a 1-5 star rating and write a short review which should describe the specific service they received (ie parts, porting, saw, etc) and how satisfied they are with the service.
The ground rules are:
  1. You have to have purchased the saw from this person.
  2. If you haven't, mandatory 3 day ban from site and ban from using review section all together.

To bad there isn't a option like there was pre LinkBux where we had a actual feedback score

A section under user reviews for site sponsors would work i would think ,if someone got a service done ,like a rebuild or port job ,could leave a comment on if the transaction went smooth ,and were happy with the work ,Also to make this work ,only the 1 person that had the saw or power equipment worked on could post a comment ,and not open to further replies like the open forum .If the Mods could get a list and make a tab with a list of ALL the site sponsors in it ,people could browse through and read the reviews and decide who to hire .Ebay has an about me page for stores ,kind of like a small introduction of the shops and services ,something along that lines would be nice also to weed out porters vs stores selling parts only .
I understand what you are saying. Once the category is created and we get going with it no doubt it will evolve. Its an area where we will want to keep the banter to a minimum. I will see if there is a way to turn off the chat area in the review and limit it to only reviews. The idea is that all reviews regardless of actual services/products sold will be put under one central spot titled "Sponsors Name".

Darin approved the use of the existing product review section for site sponsors. I asked that a category for Saw Services get created. Once that happens I will work with the sponsors to set up their review section for each of them. The main page for their review will describe their "services" offered and anything they would like to disclose. Individuals that do business with said sponsor will have to go in and make a 1-5 star rating and write a short review which should describe the specific service they received (ie parts, porting, saw, etc) and how satisfied they are with the service.
The ground rules are:
  1. You have to have purchased the saw from this person.
  2. If you haven't, mandatory 3 day ban from site and ban from using review section all together.
"Or services "should be added to line 1

I'm not sure if having it in the product review section would work so well or even be worth it.

I'd venture a guess that very few members actually go there.

Having the review right in the chainsaw forum would be ideal if the software allows it.

Unfortunately you can't have your cake and eat it too. It's only a couple clicks away and think it's a great idea.

From what I saw here just a few days ago........even if this is implemented, there will be those that will get a bad review, cry like a rat eating an onion to the site owners........and their bad review will vanish. Mark my words..........nothing will ever change that.

I don't know a whole lot about what can and can't be done with the site but would it be possible to have this area as "read only" access for all members and "edit" security for each specific builder initially? Once a builder receives a saw, they can go in and start a thread using the members name in the subject line. This would give edit security to the member, but only for that thread. All members could read the thread, but only the involved member can reply on it. No one but site administrators would have security to delete any threads and that would be if the builder and involved member both agree. A survey could also be included and once the involved member completes that, they will again have read only access to that thread.

This would free the moderators of having to review everything to make sure only the correct people are making comments.

Other sites I frequent have feedback built in to their for sale forums where you can give a +1 for a good deal and a -1 for a bad deal and leave a short comment. If there is a bad apple out there he will be outed pretty quick.

I know nothing about computers so I don't know if this is realistic or not for this site.

Back