Feedback /Review thread for our site sponsors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opinion on if revue ,or feedback would be preferred

• Feedback

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • User Review

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From what I saw here just a few days ago........even if this is implemented, there will be those that will get a bad review, cry like a rat eating an onion to the site owners........and their bad review will vanish. Mark my words..........nothing will ever change that.
I would hope the customer and the builder could try to work it out before neg review was left ,to get a neg review should take a lot ,you will never make everyone happy ,the saw builder should be allowed a response also to explain why the review was negative .If negative is left they should explain in detail why the negative was left ,

As Marshy mentioned this is only a short time out now. There are a lot of different things that could be implemented but the main thing is get the basic forum up and running. Obvious the reputations of the main builders have already been established but this will get the less known and newer guys a chance to get the feedback they deserve. More importantly it will help flush out any future charlatans/snake oil salesmen before they can become a bigger problem like what happened with Moody.

beginning of each review should lay out the price paid before shipping, the saw worked on, the instructions given the builder and the goal
having one review show a brilliant well shot video of a brand new saw tearing through fresh pine while a chorus of angels sing, accompanied by a well written review for one builder/saw and then the words "liked it, thanks" posted for a competitor probably doesn't give potential buyers much to compare with.
Having a handful of checkboxes or rating stars at the top of each review would probably be helpful and encourage customers to give thier input on a job/build even if they aren't disposed to do a full write-up and video
Is that all easy and "do-able" hell I don't know, I gotta pay other guys to remove screws for me, but I am a pretty decent customer and I know what makes buying decisions easier for me.

remember the vote that counts is dollars, it might sound wrong at first but truth doesn't have to sound right to be truth
Dave

Back