Felling dogs, spikes, dawgs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do ya notice a difference between the 3 tooth dawgs and the 5? Liking the 3 tooth - looks very aggressive. Makes me wanna make something like that when I get bored at work!

Do ya notice a difference between the 3 tooth dawgs and the 5? Liking the 3 tooth - looks very aggressive. Makes me wanna make something like that when I get bored at work!

Sorry,

Just finished stage one and stage two late last week. I did get out and cut a load of wood Friday, but took my trusty 359 (much lighter and thrifty)

Since this is a dawg thread, I will post up a pic of my first "spike mod"

I am still pretty proud of that one, I bought up four 116si/120si dawgs off the bag last year.

Put the first set on a pretty clean 120 (not si) sadly a moment of weakness set in, and I gave that saw to my Big Brother, it now resides in Maryland.

Guess the "Medieval" ones were kind of designed with these in the back of my mind.

attachment.php

Sorry,

Just finished stage one and stage two late last week. I did get out and cut a load of wood Friday, but took my trusty 359 (much lighter and thrifty)

Since this is a dawg thread, I will post up a pic of my first "spike mod"

I am still pretty proud of that one, I bought up four 116si/120si dawgs off the bag last year.

Put the first set on a pretty clean 120 (not si) sadly a moment of weakness set in, and I gave that saw to my Big Brother, it now resides in Maryland.

Guess the "Medieval" ones were kind of designed with these in the back of my mind.

attachment.php

You don't wanna sell me a set do ya??

Need some for a 120 Super...the stock little thing is just useless!!

attachment.php

Sorry, I need a few more myself.

The outer had to be modded a bit (metal fill /redrilled) had to break off the captured nuts.

They do look nice though eh?

Yep they do look good!

I got an inner done yesterday, probably do the outer this weekend.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow...

Back