Few more pics of the almost complete car.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknot91

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Here is my latest progress. Had a bump in the road with my brand new aluminum radiator. Caught my boy punching holes in it with a flat screwdriver. He's just 3 yro and he thought he was working on it. I didn't get too mad. Click on the images for full size.

Last edited:
Sorry bout all the pollen on the car. It hasen't moved from that spot in about 10 months,lol. Soon as my new radiator is fabbed up, I'll drop it in and get it tuned and put up some numbers and videos:biggrinbounce2:

specs on motor and tranny?

Got another post in this section with all that information. I made a new thread because its been awhile.

Stock bottom end 302 with Gt40p heads worked over by me. (Springs, ported intake runners, polished exhaust runners, 5 angle valve job.)
Edelbrock Intake with 1'' spacer gasket ported. All the other normal boltons and upgrades.

Turbonetics T72 Turbo with a Pony Down stage 1 hotside. Coldside is home made from mandrel bent aluminum. JGS 44mm wastegate and Tial 50mm BOV.

AODE tranny just rebuilt by me and changed over to full manual since my cars computer wont support electronic shift. Supposed to be on a 95 mustang. All new red alto clutches and kolene steels. Mechanical diode, hardened input shaft staked in and all new servos and accumulators. Should be good for 800ish horses at the wheels.

Fresh 3:73 .1 rear end with girdled cover and 31 spline axles. Explorer 31 spline carrier with new Richmond mini spool. 5 lug swap with new brakes all the way around. New FRPP ALuminum driveshaft and Metco driveshaft loop. Competition Engineering bolt/weld in full length subframes with seat supports.

Cool. I gotta buddy building a 93 coupe now. dss 347 block, all forged internals, not sure what though. AFR's, turbonetics 76mm turbo. I think he is going the blow thru carb route

Cool. Yea if you know what your doing the blow thru setup can make some killer power. I don't know nothing about a carb.

Whenever I split this 302 in half, which will be soon I suppose, I'm thinking 383 with a box intake and the same turbo will be the way I go.

And nooooo chebby guys, not your 383.:laugh: A stroked 351. ;)

good times. MM&FF had an awesome writeup on progress of a turbo 5.0 stock engine here while back. You see it? I thin they got it in the tens with stock internals. Id have to find it.

I seen that. THere is a guy about a hour and a half from me that has atleast 5 cars with my set-up going low 5's in the eighth. And they are daily driven. Shop is HED Harrel Engine Dyno. One of those cars is stock e7 heads and an AOD. THats moving on right there.

The stock block can take some abuse as long as the tune is correct. RPM's is what kills them. Keep em under 6500 and keep the tune right, they will last forever.

how much boost you planning on?

Not sure yet. I have a 10psi spring in the wastegate now but I'm also using a manual boost controller so the spring don't matter. What ever will get me to around 650 at the wheels and I'll leave it at that. I want to try to make it live a while so I can just drive it during these spring and summer months. Been down soo long I can't stand it.

The guys at modular powerhouse in cartersville told my buddy he could make 575 easy and reliably on his setup, and he could crank out 750 or so if he wanted for the strip.

Ahhh yes, 383, the cheaper way to go.:D I know of some quick 408s that have twice the $$$ and run the same as our 383. The 383 seems to take the spray much better though.

Kool build!!! She's looking good!

Thanks. Yea I like the 383 because its not used much. I really don't want to follow the rules and do what everyone else is. 408 is good for all motor applications but unless your using a "R" block or some type of dart block they wont live long. Guess its got to do with the lack of cylinder wall after all that boring to get it to that cubic inch. The 383 retains alot of the blocks integrity.

The guys at modular powerhouse in cartersville told my buddy he could make 575 easy and reliably on his setup, and he could crank out 750 or so if he wanted for the strip.

Heck yea. 575 will live a long time on the street. I just don't know how streetable a carb set up is though. Like I said, me and carbs just dont get along. I like to be able to get in and turn the key,lol.

There are alot of guys half filling their blocks and making almost 1000 to the wheels. Not very good for a daily driver because of the lack of cooling, but it makes them live alot longer that way.

I helped a friend build a motor in his 02gt. Forged shortblock, stage 3 heads and cams, and all bolt ons. It was an awesome car. The first guy he had tune it was a dope, it had no low end power. The timing would never come up on the low end. Turns out the original tuner had it so lean down low, the computer wouldn't allow any more timing or something like that. So we take it to MPH to get it tuned. I thought we had some cool stuff....till i got to watch other guys dyno in front of us...it kinda bursted our all motor bubble, but it was still cool. There was a guy with an identical setup 02GT ahead of us...but it had about 11 lbs of boost...and he maxed out his #40 injectors. They shut it down at 5500 rpm and still made 565 at the wheels. Also a gt500. Some sissy guy just bought it, knew nothing bout cars. He was reading a magazine while they dynoed his car. He could care less. With a tune, pulley, and CAI it made 500 +. Im not sure exact number. And i thought we were cool.....lol.

Heck yea. 575 will live a long time on the street. I just don't know how streetable a carb set up is though. Like I said, me and carbs just dont get along. I like to be able to get in and turn the key,lol.

There are alot of guys half filling their blocks and making almost 1000 to the wheels. Not very good for a daily driver because of the lack of cooling, but it makes them live alot longer that way.

I think he is on the cheap now, and is just getting by with it for a while.

I haven't done alot with a modular yet. I got a friend I work with that put a 5.4 in a 04 Gt Saleen Clone he built and sprayed it with a 200 shot. He put down right at 600 on a Mustang dyno. That 5.4 took the spray well. He keeps trying to talk me into droping one in my car but I think its more trouble than its worth. I'm a true blue pushrod guy so it probably isn't going to happen.

Modulars do sound good though and If you got the chops to do it, a cam swap on a 4 valve sounds killer. Those motors hit hard as:censored:

The prob with the 4.6 is, its pretty close to maxed out factory. Without going really radical, cam and heads is only worth bout 50hp. My bud was just shy of 300 at the wheels on dynojet. The original tune was on a mustang dyno. Second guy said somehow the mustang dyno can be manipulated, and thats what the first guy did. He manipulated the cars weight factor somehow and it showed big numbers, without any work on his part. He picked up from 120hp at 2500rpm to over 220hp at 2500 rpm with the "real" tune. Guy said he was makin 299 peak, turned out to be only 260 on the dynojet. The real tune got it to 287.

Yea, Guys use the mustang dynos improperly sometimes to their advantage. Their acctualy good dynos to have if used correctly. You can get a real good street worthy number if you factor in the car weight correctly, altitude, windage, and barometric pressure. When used the right way usually they will read lower than a dynojet. Got a guy in town that has one and its called a DYNOMITE. You can actually do quarter mile runs on it and it give you 60ft times, 660 ft times and the 1/4 mile time. I'm not sure it will display and ET though. Its a blast during a dyno day that we have once a year. Really draws a crowd of people.

Latest posts

Back