Few more pics of the almost complete car.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kid,
Your #'s don't add up to low 5's.
5500 rpm ain't gonna run low 5's @130+ MPH.
Here's some racer math for ya, and it's even from a Mustang 5.0 site!

http://www.slowgt.com/Calc1.htm#PerfHPWt

Real racers have used these calculations for years, they're accurate.
The "he said, she said" crap means nothing, if it don't work on paper, it'll NEVER run the #'s @ the track.
I'm very interested in you proving the physics wrong?

Now, what was the weight of this low 5 second, 700 rear wheel HP, 5500 RPM car......again???????????

Cheers.
Paul

I know 5500 wont get you down the track that fast but it will get you off the line quick, if I could find the vids I would show then to you, good website though...

its 91 coupe that weighs over 2500, powered by a chevy truck motor with a big turbo. thats about all i know besides that it ran 5.46 @ Natural Bridge.

Dont know the 60foot, or, the speed, but I saw the time slip...

its 91 coupe that weighs over 2500, powered by a chevy truck motor with a big turbo. thats about all i know besides that it ran 5.46 @ Natural Bridge.

Dont know the 60foot, or, the speed, but I saw the time slip...

The 60ft don't mean squat for calculating HP but, the speed is everything.
Let's say it weighs 2750 with the driver, if so it's a full tube chassis strut car as a fairly stock 96 5.0 hardtop weighs in @ 3250, that's approx 3400 with driver.
If it ain't a pro stock style car, it weighs alot more than 2750??
Even @ 2750 race ready (I doubt it), that's 950 rear wheel HP to go mid 5's or mid 8's in the 1/4.
If it's an auto car, like I said before it's doubtfull he's running a Lenco.....than you have approx 20% HP loss to the drivetrain. That brings this turbo'd "truck motor" to approx. 1100 HP in order to run your #'s?
Sorry Kid, you can't argue the physics.

good times. MM&FF had an awesome writeup on progress of a turbo 5.0 stock engine here while back. You see it? I thin they got it in the tens with stock internals. Id have to find it.

Now that's more like it, a realistic E.T.
For the kid's sake I'll do the math:
10.90's in a 3400lb car = 460 rear wheel HP x 1.2 for the auto trans.= an approx. 552 BHP.
Pretty good I'd say for a turbo'd stock 5.0 in a heavy car with 10" slicks.
Unfortunately I'll bet the turbo'd stock motor ain't long for this world!

Have you been thinking I ment 1320 [1/4] the whole time??:jawdrop:

1/8 mile is what I am talking about..

I see that for some reason you're unable to comprehend the racer math, even from the 5.0 site.
1/4 mile (not) but, your #'s are so far off that I was actually thinking that you were talking about a 330' strip, there are a few out there or............maybe you forgot to mention using the JATO tubes :hmm3grin2orange:

So Kid.........tell us what YOUR drag racing experience is (your cars, e.t's etc.), not what you've "seen your friends do"?? :popcorn:
Who knows, someone here may benefit from it?????????????????????????????????

BTW, my appologies to Slipknot for temp. highjackin the thread.
:cheers:
PAul

im NOT a drag racer, I DO NOT have any experience on the subject.

i do know that i wasent dreaming when i saw buddys time slip.

people are doing crazy stuff EVERYWHERE to make their cars move faster.

Im not really interested in your math, i get enough of that through school...

So you cant believe me, well i really dont care:).

Sorry for the hi jacking...

im NOT a drag racer, I DO NOT have any experience on the subject.

i do know that i wasent dreaming when i saw buddys time slip.

people are doing crazy stuff EVERYWHERE to make their cars move faster.

Im not really interested in your math, i get enough of that through school...

So you cant believe me, well i really dont care:).

Sorry for the hi jacking...

No surprises here.

Stop with all the BS.:deadhorse:
Time slips are not always right. Case in point I got a slip that said I did 7.49 @90 mph in my 67 camaro and almost got kick off the track for not having the right safety stuff in the car that was that fast. After explaining to the safety tech for 10 min.that their was no way in he11 my 12:90 car went 7:49 they figured out that their computer was messed up as the next batch of cars were all running sub 10:00 in the right lane as the computer stopped at9:99 so all the slips for about 4 of us were 10:00 faster

Stop with all the BS.:deadhorse:
Time slips are not always right. Case in point I got a slip that said I did 7.49 @90 mph in my 67 camaro and almost got kick off the track for not having the right safety stuff in the car that was that fast. After explaining to the safety tech for 10 min.that their was no way in he11 my 12:90 car went 7:49 they figured out that their computer was messed up as the next batch of cars were all running sub 10:00 in the right lane as the computer stopped at9:99 so all the slips for about 4 of us were 10:00 faster

That's funny right there!
Re. the BS, it's like a burr under the saddle when I hear some MORON's E.T & power claims when they can't even come close to backing it up, then it turns out the guy's never did any racing or even built a car! :confused::confused::confused:

That's funny right there!
Re. the BS, it's like a burr under the saddle when I hear some MORON's E.T & power claims when they can't even come close to backing it up, then it turns out the guy's never did any racing or even built a car! :confused::confused::confused:

Mabe you should go to a ####ing drag racing forum if you want to ##### and gripe about ets & weight like you are.

Il let you talk th the kid in question if he wants to talk to you.

He will argue with you all day and put 5,000 behind his words, I have seen him do it..

I dont like his smart ass attitude but he can back up every penny, he's my age and has won more from street racing in the last couple months than i bring in in two years time.

So maybe its better that you think the way you think, more $$$$ for the others...:cheers:

If your buddy's car is really that fast he is not telling you what he really got in it!

First rule in st racing hold your cards close to chest.

Read this thread, that is if it works. One of my buddies on another site I frequent quite often. THe shops name is Harrel Engine Dyno and this Black coupe is bone stock bottom end with lots of goodies on top and a 76mm turbo. There should be a video in there somewhere.

http://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61292

Not hard to get a Fox in the low 5s in our neck of the woods. And on 275's at that.:givebeer:

Read this thread, that is if it works. One of my buddies on another site I frequent quite often. THe shops name is Harrel Engine Dyno and this Black coupe is bone stock bottom end with lots of goodies on top and a 76mm turbo. There should be a video in there somewhere.

http://horsepowerjunkies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61292

Not hard to get a Fox in the low 5s in our neck of the woods. And on 275's at that.:givebeer:

Finally, some real #'s, thanks for the link, interesting reading.

Kid, what are ya thanking him for(?) , he just proved you were full of crap for stating " Guys are running low 5's @ 5500RPM with 550 @ the wheels".
Only a school kid with a bicycle would list those ridiculous #'s! :dizzy::dizzy:
This guy went low 6's with almost 700HP @ the tranny.
Power curves are exponential (look it up), to run another full second quicker takes HUGE power.
Before your meltdown ,you missed the entire point of the discussion.
It wasn't that low 5's are not possible for a turbo'd 5.0 stang but, they are physically impossible with your #'s.................PERIOD.

Like it's always been said by drag racers:
"The B.S. stops as soon as the green light drops"

Good luck with the car Slip, post the #'s when you get it to the track.
Thanks.
Paul

Finally, some real #'s, thanks for the link, interesting reading.

Kid, what are ya thanking him for(?) , he just proved you were full of crap for stating " Guys are running low 5's @ 5500RPM with 550 @ the wheels".
Only a school kid with a bicycle would list those ridiculous #'s! :dizzy::dizzy:
This guy went low 6's with almost 700HP @ the tranny.
Power curves are exponential (look it up), to run another full second quicker takes HUGE power.
Before your meltdown ,you missed the entire point of the discussion.
It wasn't that low 5's are not possible for a turbo'd 5.0 stang but, they are physically impossible with your #'s.................PERIOD.

Like it's always been said by drag racers:
"The B.S. stops as soon as the green light drops"

Good luck with the car Slip, post the #'s when you get it to the track.
Thanks.
Paul

I never said what kind of hp he was dealing with other than i thought it was less than 700... just like I dont know anything else about the car except that it has an ls motor, a big turbo, and is a few hundred lbs less than a stock coupe.
you are getting all stuck over 5500 rpm, thats stall, out of the shoot... not shift light stuff. the motor is probly winding out closer to 7000.
So get your panties put of your ass and quit trying to shoot me down, Im not an expert, I just know some...

But for real... you can talk to Matt, he will be a WHOLE lot nicer than I am LOL.

Latest posts

Back