few pics off the cell phone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good pics.

Pic # 76105 nice drop, just fit around the truck real nice, well done. :rock:

About time you starting posting here, less hacks!

pic

i almost dumped chips on a drunk guy that must have spent the night in sleeping next to the chips i though he was dead

xtremetrees said:
Whoa! That trees huge.!

yep it was, it was a cut down n leave job.aparently some guy is out there with a gas powered crosscut saw cutting it up.it had to go for solar powering reasons.

inztrees said:
i almost dumped chips on a drunk guy that must have spent the night in sleeping next to the chips i though he was dead

it was a hot day i guess he had an early start,ill take another pic of that tree its of some interest.

shorty gets in there again,flowering gum blood,rich street,snapper rock

The tree was leaning slightly left, if you decifer the information in the pictures of the felling sequence the "tongue"comes out of the "groove"after the trees comitted to falling forwards no big deal it was the easiest spot to chip the debris.

A very basic/common felling tecnique in my local area,you have to do it to pass a level 2 felling ticket which covers your employers ass if you puk up.

once you know it and how to use it eliminates alot of hard work.

a few from today, spiders nest,line clearing climbing crew landcruiser ,strezleki veiw

Just havnt had it with me lately will do on monday,got me thinking of a cell with a good camera.

here one from the cybershot

Regarding the cut sequence

A_lopa:

Could you come up with a cut by cut photo or drawing sequence sometime on the below: (When you can, thanks and the name of the cut also.)

That is a really neat cut. If I'm reading it right you do the stardard face cut and on the backcut you leave holding wood about the width of the wedge. Bore below the back cut for the wedge and use the wedge to break the holding wood taking it the desired direction. :cheers: Just my take on it.

Back