Fiber glass pole pruner, wobbly....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
I disagree with this statement... a race car driver knows what he is doing but still buckles up.....

Fiberglass poles are safer, and will help avoid injury for any lapses in human judgement....

A Silky is safer than a chain saw too. I use fiberglass around wires and aluminun all other times. If you don't know poking an aluminun pole saw in power lines can kill you then i guess you deserve what you got coming.

pbtree

pbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
I use foam filled Jameson poles, and they are pretty good as far as not wobbling as yo state.... Any pole, once you move much beyond 12 feet, is going to flex....

Pole saws should cut fine on the pull..... the pole does not need to be that rigid.

pbtree

pbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
A Silky is safer than a chain saw too. I use fiberglass around wires and aluminun all other times. If you don't know poking an aluminun pole saw in power lines can kill you then i guess you deserve what you got coming.

So, you advocate people less intelligent than you should use aluminum poles and just get fried because they are not smart enough to know better? :confused:

KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
So, you advocate people less intelligent than you should use aluminum poles and just get fried because they are not smart enough to know better? :confused:

No thats not my point at all, i'm saying if you don't know what you're doing then leave it alone. And when i say you i don't mean you specifically.

God of ArboristSite
Bailey's has this on fire sale. I bought mine a few months ago and have used the heck out of it. I really like it but it is the only pole saw I have owned.

Bailey's - Silky 17-939 Hayauchi 21' Telescoping Pole Pruner Pruning Saw

really like my Silky hand saws, but would not get a Silky Pole saw... too fragile ...
Cuts super fast because it uses same blade as larger Silky hand saw.

hollow fiberglass poles are not meant to insulate against electrical shock.
only the filled glass poles are rated for electrical protection, then only if kept in pristine condition.

got 6-8 Jamison hollow pole sections but only one filled pole that only gets pulled out when there's any chance of electrical contact. then only for low voltage lines.

stay away from any HIGH voltage lines!!!

lone wolf

Really dude! what if you dont see it because it is hidden in a thick evergreen?Dont tell me about aluminum alright I already seen a good man die!!!!:msp_sad:And what about the poor guy that only has a aluminum pole and needs it to finish a job to feed his family and pay bills and refuses to be a quitter and uses the aluminum near wires anyway just to finish?

Last edited:
KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
Really dude! what if you dont see it because it is hidden in a thick evergreen?Dont tell me about aluminum alright I already seen a good man die!!!!:msp_sad:

Like i said if someone doesn't know what their doing and doesn't know what tool to use when and where then leave it alone. i agree a firewood guy or just an average Joe might not know and shouldn't use aluminun but some people are trained around HV lines and know what they're doing and know not to use aluminum around power lines and i fall in that catergory. Feel free to use what you want but i prefer aluminun AWAY from power lines. Im not here to argue, fair enough? :cheers:

Last edited:
lone wolf
Like i said if someone doesn't know what their doing and doesn't know what tool to use when and where then leave it alone. i agree a firewood guy or just an average Joe might not know and shouldn't use aluminun but some people are trained around HV lines and know what they're doing and know not to use aluminum around power lines and i fall in that catergory. Feel free to use what you want but i prefer aluminun AWAY from power lines. Im not here to argue, fair enough? :cheers:

I just want to let people know what they are dealing with.

Latest posts