field testing for Rayco

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Totally Stumped

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Back to the dealer for a starting problem. If you have been following along, this is my second major problem with my Rayco 1631-all in the first 100 hours. Dealer is jam up and has taken good care of me but I can't help but feel like I'm field testing a prototype for Rayco. Never buy a first year car, truck or stump grinder. Chevy was always big on letting their dealers take care of piss poor engineering and inadequate field testing. Just get that thing on the market and let the dealers and aftermarket guys fix it.
New fuel pump is being overnighted so I don't miss all the Rita work down here. Dealer says this is his third fuel pump to replace but I'm not sure how many 1631's he's got out there.
Next thing to go will be my battery and starter due to all the excessive cranking.
I'm pissed! This thing was not cheap. I may trade for a more proven model with a little more power. Vermeer may be worth a look next time around.
Hope the RG90 intro goes better...

You are not alone, my 1625a is on the way to dealer for another electric clutch and set of cutter wheel bearings friday. Current 220 hours on the clock and this will be second clutch, first one blew up in flames at just over 100 hours. This will be third set of cutter wheel bearings including originals. Not happy at all and I will be looking at some different brands this winter also. :(

You must have gotten a lemon on that 1625. Mine has a little over 200 hours and no problems at all with several different people running it. None with any experience except what I've shown them.

The only way to ruin the cutter wheel bearings is not to grease them. We have had a 1625 with over 1000 hrs before one bearing needed replaced, and a newer one with almost 300 hours and no problems. Some idiots think that when the grease oozes out of the seals that the bearing is bad.

Back