Fightin' the urge to burn... anyone else?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oil burner is on only for domestic hot water, as I like to heat 99% of the time with wood. Collect/accept wood always when it is available and burn when it gets cold---don't hold off and be cold. That way you'll have a continuous supply of wood. My last 30 yard dump of hardwoods wasn't expected or needed, but I like to run the saws and get my firewood readily stacked for service. Staying a year or two ahead buffers you against a slow year for wood (availability, injury, broken saws:cry: , etc).

natural gas heater has not been used for 3 years.... pilot not even lit.

but taking a slightly different approach this year. temps here are still moderate, only dipping to 40's.

running gas heater for 20 minutes or so in the morning to take chill off the house. then sun takes over, making house comfortable again.

otherwise I'd be building a morning fire, starting from a cold stove. which is not a bad thing either. just wanting to run my gas heater some. it's bad not use it at all.

Well,I couldn't take it anymore! I did start a fire in the wood furnace the other night and it felt great! It is a bit too warm yet though, as I couldn't get it cranking up to "full tilt". That's the downside to indoor forced air add-on furnaces. They give you gobs of heat whether you want it or not!

When the 18 month old boy gets bigger(and less wild!) and I have some spare change I'm going to have to get a fireplace insert or small stove for this time of year. That way I can satisfy my inner pyromaniac.

Yes I am burning no I ain't fighting the urge. I am cleaning up the land lol
if I don't burn it it will only rot I lost three cords to rot last year! Anyway
I am not cold natured but my wife is so it is either wood lit or meter spinning the dollars out of my account. Wood is my vote.

Fire it up, I did. I am in Orient Ohio and I have been just using it at night, too cold not to.

Latest posts

Back