Finallly... wood shed in progress

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not hijack as long as you're talking about wood shed construction.. :) This thread is about played out anyway.

I've got 4 words for folk building a shed of decent size... Compound Sliding Miter Saw. If you don't own one, figure it into the shed budget and buy one. $189 at Lowes for a Kobalt 10" saw with 3 year warranty. If it isn't a slider that has a 10" capacity, leave it at the store. While you're there, pick up an Irwin Marathon framing blade for it and hang the factory blade on a nail. My non sliding craftsman can't do a 45 deg cut in a rough cut 2x6 and misses a 90 unless you lift the board into the blade.

I put Rick's wood to use today and got one side done. If my saw had been a slider, it would have cut a lot of time off messing around with a roofing square and circular saw. If you can't squeeze an extra $200 into the budget, get a 12" roofing square, leave the 6" one at the store. Not enough reach for wide boards. --Ian

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back