Finally bought a bucket truck..with pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' good - :clap: I worked out of trucks similar to that for years with the power co. Just a word of caution on the boomtip winch - You need to know what the weight you're picking is, over the years I saw & read where some failed. At least one the jib snapped on, a few others it was the Sampsonbraid rope. When they let go, the upper boom reacts in the opposite direction, real fast. One guy was ejected, no harness, and sadly didn't make it.

ya know when I saw you mentioned earlier that you picked up an 83 Ford 800 bucket truck I didnt think it would look like this. Thats a clean looking truck.
I would suggest the first thing you do is get that boom inspected. Here we cant recieve a boom inspection cert if its older than I believe 10 years?(might be 15). Your state may be different. Even if it wont get the cert sticker due to its age you will atleast be able to read the report and repair/update what it needs for your safety. Id also suggest to remove the second basket, you will find this will just get in the way.

Good luck with it!

Nice looking truck for $6K! When you said it was '83, I was thinking old, rusty, etc., but that does not appear to be the case.

Congratulations - use it safety and prosperously!

Philbert

I'm going to guess you are the guy in the middle in the first pic? He has the biggest smile!

Nice clean truck.

Looks very nice and clean, doesnt look like it is 26 years old at all. :clap: Now put it to work so you can make all your money back in the next month! :greenchainsaw:

Nice clean looking truck. Are those multi controls for the winch? If not, only down side is if you have no pistol grip. If you never use one tho, ....so what, you can't miss what you don't know about.

Nice truck

Just be careful not to drop anything on or near your cab, as the truck has no cab guard. Aside from that A+++!

Just be careful not to drop anything on or near your cab, as the truck has no cab guard. Aside from that A+++!

Man, I didn't even notice that. He could prob find one to put on at a used bucket truck sales place and weld it on. Couldn't poss do tree work without one. That truck wouldn't be pretty for long.

No problem

Great idea DK..might have to stop by the local welding shop and see how much he wants to fab one up for it. Thanks for the tip bro!

Exchanging ideas is why I love this site. BTW, I cringe every time I see a bucket being used for tree work without a cab guard. It's only a matter of time....

Last edited:
Man, I didn't even notice that. He could prob find one to put on at a used bucket truck sales place and weld it on. Couldn't poss do tree work without one. That truck wouldn't be pretty for long.

I have worked this one for five years doing some bad removals and so far
so good not as clean as the op's though:cry: nice truck I wish I had a
material handler!

Latest posts

Back