Finally got a craigslist score - Pioneer Partner 7000+

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl-Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was cruising craigslist the other day and came across this saw with a reasonable price. It has always been on my short list, so I pursued it. It was about an hour and a half away, but it was worth it. I made a xmas shopping trip out of it to boot (that made the wife happy). I believe it has the original bar on it. She is clean and has pretty stout compression. She sounds nice. I didn't do anything to it this is how it came. The best part was it didn't stink up the wifes suv (hooray for me).
7000 plus 010.JPG 7000 plus 011.JPG 7000 plus 009.JPG 7000 plus 008.JPG

I was cruising craigslist the other day and came across this saw with a reasonable price. It has always been on my short list, so I pursued it. It was about an hour and a half away, but it was worth it. I made a xmas shopping trip out of it to boot (that made the wife happy). I believe it has the original bar on it. She is clean and has pretty stout compression. She sounds nice. I didn't do anything to it this is how it came. The best part was it didn't stink up the wifes suv (hooray for me).
View attachment 321450 View attachment 321451 View attachment 321452 View attachment 321453

That same saw is on my list also. Wish I could find one that nice. :clap::clap:

Now that's a nice find. I really like mine. Partner was ahead of the game back then as far as European saws go.

Partner was decades ahead of all the saw manufactures in the day. :rock::rock:

[tvquote="WKEND LUMBERJAK, post: 4584462, member: 8719"]

Partner was decades ahead of all the saw manufactures in the day. :rock::rock:[/quote]

I wouldn't argue that much. They were quite innovative and left a lasting mark on the industry. I always thought they were kind of like Poulan was in the US in those days.

It's a damn shame that Electrolux raped and pillaged both of of them.

Mark is on the button, extremely nice saws and way ahead of their time. Got a really nice one on the shelf at the shop, but the coil is bad. I'll get around to getting one at some point. Congrats on a really nice saw.

What was specific about these saws that made them "ahead of their time"?

That same saw is on my list also. Wish I could find one that nice. :clap::clap:

Partner was decades ahead of all the saw manufactures in the day. :rock::rock:

That's exaggregating quite a bit - but that saw looks really nice! :D

The P7000 Plus (about 1984?) was the ultimate saw in the R16 family, that originated from the late 1960s.

Last edited:
Anyway to from the serial # to tell what year it was made? What years were they made ?

Hopefully the serial numbers can be dated.

The little info I have on the years of the 7000 and 7000 Plus is a bit confusing - but I assume the model was made until it was replaced by the P7700 around 1990?

OP don't mean to dearail thread . Mark which poulans matchup to the partners?

That's a hard question to answer as before Partner was phased out all together a good part of there saws were rebadged Poulan consumer saws. There were some of the better ones labeled as Partners were some like the PP365.

Partners labeled as Poulans directly was the 325 but the PP 475 and the rest of that series was actually Partner saws via Jonsered.

Back