Finally got a craigslist score - Pioneer Partner 7000+

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From 1978, as far as I know - but I don't know when it was replaced by the P7000.

I will look,I got the original sales reciept with my P70 but off hand I don't remember the year of it. I was thinking the P70 and 7000 were sold at the same time for a bit but I might be wrong.

I have a hard time finding any old Partner documents...

I have a hard time finding any old Partner documents...

So have I, but there are some old broshures etc at mange/magnus' website. Most are in Swedish though, including a Nice P7000 Plus broshure.

Btw, a main focus of that broshure is to tell about the difference in power output over the P70 and original P7000 - 3.5 kW/4.7 hp over 3.0 kW/4.1 hp (I always doubted those 4.1 hp specs though - seemed too low?)....

What was specific about these saws that made them "ahead of their time"?

One of the biggest innovations I'm aware of being credited to Partner is the air injection. I'm sure there were other innovations, but turbo clean, or air injection is now pretty standard on Husky, Poulon Pro even Stihl.

One of the biggest innovations I'm aware of being credited to Partner is the air injection. I'm sure there were other innovations, but turbo clean, or air injection is now pretty standard on Husky, Poulon Pro even Stihl.

The trouble with that is that "induction trough the fan" wasn't really a Partner innovation (it was older) - and it is quite unclear if it was Husky, Jonsered or Partner that refined it into the true "Air Injection" etc.

Also, this had nothing to do with the P7000, but rather with the later P7700.

One thing I have noticed about this saw is that she is a shorter, fatter body than most of today's saws. She actually sits nose down with a 20"b&c on her. I just ordered a nos 18" oem bar for her. Figure she deserves it!

Latest posts

Back