Finally got to use my new m260 pro!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greener acres

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, the weather finally improved yesterday, so after watching the DVD tutorial the Stihl dealer gave me, I put on my chaps and got to work bucking some of the fallen trees on my property. All I can say is wow!, this saw is awesome. It already felt right in my hands at the store but once I started using it, I really appreciated it's balance and power. While I didn't buy it for the decompression feature, I'm sure glad it has it, it made it a lot easier to work with since I had to start and stop it several times as I reposition the logs to cut. Thanks again to everyone who steered me towards this saw.

thats cool you got to go out and use the new saw.

i like the decomp feature to, i used my 359 in the tree and it was much easier starting with the decomp on.

im lookin for good used 026 or 260 pro, id like to have a good smaller saw soon.

Congrats of a great saw!! That was the first Pro saw I ever ran and I fell in love with it. What size B/C did you get? The mail truck should be dropping off my 026tonight. I don't have any real work for it, but I'll take it out back and make a few cookies.

Hey congrats on the saw! I have read nothing but great things about the 260 so it should make a mighty fine saw.:cheers:

Glad you like it. I've been extremely impressed with mine, having started out running an 038 super & an 064. With a 3/8' 16" bar and a sharp chain I was very happy with the performance in bigger wood 18-20" stuff. Works great for limbing and smaller stuff too.

Guess I'll have to be the one to ask...where are the pics? :monkey:

Some like them with the .325, some 3/8". I like to run 16" 3/8" on mine because most of my chains are 3/8" I feel the 16" b&c is the best combo for the 026, keeps it light and really screams through limbs.

Glad you like your new saw!

Been weighing the 270 vs 260 Pro for several weeks and think I'm going to pick up the 260 tomorrow. Can't really find a good reason not to buy it and figure I'll die before it does! Wish all things were made as well. Be safe.

I.O., can't speak for the 270, never used one, but when I picked them up side by side, the 260 felt better in my hands and is lighter than the 270. It also seemed to be better built and a bit more compact, though the 270 has a more advanced anti-vibe feature according to the dealer. The decompression feature on the 260 is worth it IMHO.

Excess, in Virginia. I'd like to be more specific but then you might try to snag my saw and I'd have to hurt ya' (just kidding).

The 260 is a pro saw where the 270/280 are semi-pro. The 260 is built better and will live longer than you. The only thing the 270/280 has on the 260 is the anti-vibe but all my 026s are smooth.

Excess, you're further south than I am, I'm not too far from Charlottesville in a small town you've probably never heard of.

Afton? not that it matters. I've been up and down the BRP end to end several times. Charlottesville is "over the mountain" from Waynesboro with Afton near the top at Rockfish Gap. I've not really ventured east of the Blue Ridge that far north.

I.O., I had every intention of buying a 270 but for just a little more the 260 was obviously the better saw. Did I mention that the decompression valve is awesome? Now if I could just get one of those 441's to keep it company... Is this what they mean by CAD?

Back