Finally made the switch to SRT.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevybob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I bought a rope wrench today after procrastinating about it for the past few months. All I can say is I'm in love. I never new it was possible to get up a tree so fast! Right now I'm using it on my 16 strand New England with a foot ascender and shoulder teather I made out of an extra bungee saw lanyard (which actually works perfect).

My question is what is your favorite rope choice for the wrench from those of you who climb on one?

One problem I learnt quick is I am going to start burning through hitch chords with these fast descents. I was thinking about buying it by the foot and just tying instead of paying for splices. Opinions?

No idea what you are talking about, I clicked on your post because I am a Dodge guy and a Sig Sauer guy, thought you were either talking about an SRT Hemi or a SRT (short reset trigger) Sig. LOL

No idea what you are talking about, I clicked on your post because I am a Dodge guy and a Sig Sauer guy, thought you were either talking about an SRT Hemi or a SRT (short reset trigger) Sig. LOL

Haha that's pretty funny

I love my sterling tendril. I use it for srt and ddrt. It fits the bill for both. You could try some hrc or samson ice for a hitch cord to withstand the heat a little better or stop bombing out of the tree. I have been using the arbpro 9mm with very good success. (250lbs without gear)

Surprised you picked it up so fast if this is your first foray into SRT and you loved it from day one. I'm no stranger to SRT outside of tree work and had many attempts at using the RW before getting comfortable with it and finally deciding it wasn't for me. I remember Kevin Bingham actually saying that he sometimes ddrts into the tree and then switches to SRT to work!

Surprised you picked it up so fast if this is your first foray into SRT and you loved it from day one. I'm no stranger to SRT outside of tree work and had many attempts at using the RW before getting comfortable with it and finally deciding it wasn't for me. I remember Kevin Bingham actually saying that he sometimes ddrts into the tree and then switches to SRT to work!

I was nervous at first worried that I wouldn't like it. Man oh man was I wrong! I guess it click for some while others it doesn't. Have you tried other SRT options? I think being so similar to the hitchclimber system is why I was able to catch on quickly.

Ddrt to access the tree and then switch the Srt? That's crazy talk!

Well, I love my rope wrench. If I'm lazy I will often descend slowly and casually on it rather than switching over to the eight. Won't burn up your hitch if you're not in a hurry. I got a chest harness and find that makes working off the rope alone a lot easier and more comfortable, and I use it to tend the wrench, too - less work when ascending.

I clicked on your post because I am a Dodge guy and a Sig Sauer guy
4ce7.jpg

Latest posts

Back