Finally pics of my saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

partsman51

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So here is my chainsaw, I bought around 1977 used, I believe I was at least the second owner, anyway bar seemed to be kinda worn out and the chain I had not realised was pretty worn too.
So filed the bar to get rid of burrs and such and made the top flat again, but noticed the one side of the bar had pretty thin walls so got a new bar through Sears as mine in the one picture you can see was a bow shape like a boat, so can't be flipped, but now the bar they supply is a type that can be flipped, so will be better, seems to be a bit smaller and lighter too, which they claim is good.
Anyway thought I would post and show it off, was using the original mix of 16:1 but through the advice of some of you, I switched and am trying 32:1 and it seems to work fine, cut up a pretty good sized pine tree while hunting and it worked well.
With the old bar and new chain it cut better than it has in a long time, kinda pays to pay a little attention to your tools and in future I will be a little more prudent.
Saw should last me a while yet.

Should add that the only fixes done was a new pull rope when the old one broke last year and a fuel line that came loose and had to cut a bit off to get a new piece to grip fitting on carb.
saw003.jpg

saw001.jpg

saw005.jpg

saw004.jpg

saw006.jpg

saw008.jpg

saw007.jpg

Last edited:
Sad news

Thanks to my brother and his buddy, I lost the saw I had for almost 36 years, they have been living with us, not really helping much so we put them to work taking out hedges and a tree, well brother leaves my little saw and grabs my little bigger one and proceeds to drop the trunk right onto my saw, well it is toast, busted the handle which then busted it out of the fuel tank, so needless to say I am very sad, that saw worked so well, and I bought a bunch of new parts to keep her going, now it is scrap, am looking to see though if it is possible to get a new handle carb housing and a new tank, I really hate to let it go.

saw003.jpg

There were literally millions made. You could easily buy a whole saw for $50 and swap the parts over to yours. Not cost effective, but the sentimental value of something can be far more than the monetary.

Looks like a Poulan 2300 crossbreed

Wrong series. The 2300 is in the Micro family. This saw is in the XXV series.

Poulan super 25 in craftsman colors. There's millions of them
out there in various colors but mostly Poulan green.

Lee

Yep. Craftsman red Poulan S25DA. Parts will be easy to find. May have to repaint to match. I've heard that Massey Ferguson red is a good match for Craftsman red. I've never seen that style of Craftsman decals on these saws. Must be a Sears Canada thing. I like it. I see that this saw also has an operator presence throttle interlock lever. I've never seen a US market XXV series saw that had it. It also has the more curved rear handle/carb box casting rather than the 'straight' style.

In the US, the last of the red saws had black AF covers like that. Later red Craftsmans also had green on black decals rather than white on black. Here's my Craftsman red 2.1A (25DA) with the 'straight' style rear handle/carb box casting next to my red 1.9 (Poulan 20-D).

000_0178.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. You should not have any problem at all getting a different case. I would just look for a 25DA , pull the motor out of it and slide your motor into it. Very simple transfer. And if anything you will still have the satisfaction of cutting with the saw that you had forever.
(Make sure tho that you inspect the motor in yours first for any cracks or damage)= before you put it in a different case)

Tell your brother to buy the parts saw and put it back together, or you're gonna take it out off his #*#* :hmm3grin2orange:

Update, got a couple parts now.

Well got my tank and a handle from E-bay, the tank assy is correct and green, so will put it together soon, the handle I got appears to be what I call a Usa style as mine had the safety you had to squeeze before the throttle would unlock, where the one I got just has the trigger, but that is alright.
Only thing is the I am going to put in a new fuel line so when trying to thread it through the tank hole it does not go even with the taper cut on the end, so I gather I will need some lube or something to make it slide, I do have wire pulling yellow goop that may work well, or should I just use a grease or silicone spray?
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back