Finished up the 066 RL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's the 066 I showed earlier in the week with the broken dog mount. I finished the assembly tonight and fired her up for the first time. I ran it just long enough to get the jug hot. I want to put a couple heat cycles on the new piston. Runs like a top.

244781836-M.jpg

244781819-M.jpg

I assume this is the "red light" label? Does a "Magnum" label go on here as well? On the filter cover?
244781885-M.jpg

244781944-M.jpg

244781808-M.jpg

Here's the repair painted up.
244781971-M.jpg

244782008-M.jpg

Nice saw brad. Bring er on over and lets cut some wood!! BTW just got a call tonight and will be cuttin a good sizes maple tomorrow. Asplaugh ( or however the heck you say and spell it) stopped on this one as they said they didn't have a big enough saw and bar to finish it up. Looks like an opportunity to me:)

Nice saw brad. Bring er on over and lets cut some wood!! BTW just got a call tonight and will be cuttin a good sizes maple tomorrow. Asplaugh ( or however the heck you say and spell it) stopped on this one as they said they didn't have a big enough saw and bar to finish it up. Looks like an opportunity to me:)

So do I come get my pretty 084 and 066 RL dirty, or do I tear into the next 084 in the morning?:confused:

Have one just like it. Want another! And yeah, you are right on the decomp...striped ased ape!!!

Saw looks great. Wish mine looked that good. Sticker goes here .Wish I could find the Digital sticker.
mag002.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the magnum sticker goes in front of the 066 label on the shroud.

What kind of question is that? Have you been watching my sig grow. OF COURSE I WANT ANOTHER!:clap:

I should have said, I want another! I think I would add a decomp cylinder on another if I ever build one with a C/P replacement.

Ahh. Thanks. I've got the sticker, just haven't put it on yet. I wish I could find a new 066 metal plate.

I tried getting a new matal plate but it is no longer avail. through the dealer. Might try running the complete cover number through the dealer??

omg

Dude, that is soooooo nice. What a super job you did guy. If I could I'd rep you for sure... Man o man... That really came together beautifully. I could cry... hehehehehehehehehe

:cheers: :popcorn:

Now I've got to figure out how to use this red light. It does still work. I saw it flicker when I fired it up on fast idle without the brake on. Fast idle would be an uderstatement:dizzy: Time to dig up those old threads about the infamous redlight and see if it's still in calibration.

Because of the results I've had in the past, I am clearcoating everything now. I'm doing it, hopefully, for added protection.

Do you think it will stay? Look good, but...

Painting of plastic usually requires a specific primer for that plastic, then top coat, then if required, clear. I looked into this last year and it turns out here is a lot of info available from plastic painted in the auto industry - like matching bumpers etc. a multi-step /layer process.

Which clearcoat are you using?

Latest posts

Back