Finished up the 066 RL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blsnelling
Brad if you radius the piston edge to match the same angle as your squish band you can achieve more popup area protrusion into the combustion chamber hence yielding more compression,,,,

No wadded pantied here:)

I've thought about your suggestion before. When I top hat the piston, I might as well try to match that angle and get the most gain possible.

Let's just assume that I will be able to take .100" off the crown and then bring the jug down to match. Is that going to cause problems with that much increase in intake timing? This will be my first top hat piston, so it's new territory for me.

blsnelling
The dumb make spark at 400 to 450...

Measure your business card... make sure it's 6-8 thou for the "smarter" coils.

Some more good info right there. The dumb coil just might be easier to start. I just don't like putting my saws on the ground and stepping on them. I guess I sometimes treat my saws like Thall treats his doo:clap: I'll check the business card thickness.

Last edited:
Sawdustmaker

Sawdustmaker

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just got a couple of these coils from jasha with a load of stuff. It does not have a PN on it. It uses the X key slot. What coil is it?
IMG_0277.jpg

Last edited:
Sawdustmaker

Sawdustmaker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just looking through Brad's list of coils... it must be the 1300. Can't be any others

were there more coils made for the aluminum flywheel beside 1300, 1307, 1311?

Kneejerk Bombas

Kneejerk Bombas

ArboristSite King
My mom's basement, in Madison, Wisconsin.
This got me inspired to put a new big bore kit on my 066, but I put the piston on with the arrow pointing back. After all the trouble getting that little circlip hammered into the piston, I don't want to take it apart again. Can I just put the cylinder on backwards too, or will the motor run backwards?
And if it does, can I just flip the bar?

stihl 440

stihl 440

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wtf

This got me inspired to put a new big bore kit on my 066, but I put the piston on with the arrow pointing back. After all the trouble getting that little circlip hammered into the piston, I don't want to take it apart again. Can I just put the cylinder on backwards too, or will the motor run backwards?

Ummmmmmm......WTF?!?!?!?!?! The chain is going to run the same way weather you flip the bar or not....put the piston on the right way, and put the cylinder on the right way. HA HA, that's the first time I heard that ****....LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! LMAO!!!:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak

Put the Crack pipe down and step away from the keyboard!!!!!!!!! or

And if that doesn't work, mount the handle on the bottom and use the saw upside down.;)

Last edited:

Latest posts