Firewood From The Sky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberWolf530

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Is what My wife calls it when a tree falls in a storm. This was my project this weekend. A tree blew over in one of the pastures, and literally came within about foot of landing on the wood fence. The steel pasture fencing on the other side didn't make out so well. I wasn't sure if I would be able to drag the whole thing out at once with the skid steer. It was right at the limit, but it pulled it out. There's about another 12-15 feet still in the woods in the bottom picture. Anyway, about 6 hours of cutting and cleanup, and now I have about a cord of oak to split.Oaktree 1.JPG Oaktree 2.JPG

Only thing bad about those dead blow-downs is when the top explodes into a million pieces...but Oak is hard to beat.
Yes it did, but we have a 6 ft rake that goes on the back of the big tractor. I raked it all into a pile and scooped it up with the skid steer. If I had to hand rake it, I would probably still be there.

Back