firewood handling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi again

how do some of you guys load your trailers with firewood without loading all kinds of scrap like bark, sand and dirt with it. are there buckets specially made for firewood handling that fit on a loader or bobcat ETC ??

Hi again

how do some of you guys load your trailers with firewood without loading all kinds of scrap like bark, sand and dirt with it. are there buckets specially made for firewood handling that fit on a loader or bobcat ETC ??

grapple, attach to bobcat
-Ralph

I load mine by hand

I cut and split in the woods. so I split it then pitch it into the trailer.. Bark that falls off in the trailer gets unloaded when I return to the woods ... eventually..

grapple

this one works real good for me,works good on logs and loose firewood. Save me having to clean alot of garbage from in front of the wood boiler.

Last edited:
this one works real good for me,works good on logs and loose firewood. Save me having to clean alot of garbage from in front of the wood boiler.

that looks perfect , does any firewood fall through the tines/grate or whatever its called on the bottom. what type of machine do you have it on???

that looks perfect , does any firewood fall through the tines/grate or whatever its called on the bottom. what type of machine do you have it on???
Its on a 260 Deere with steel tracks. Most of what I cut and split is for the owb, so its usually a little bigger than fireplace wood. But even then very little wood chunks fall thru. Snow sawdust and bark falls thru pretty good tho. Its a rhino by midsota. some grapples have an arced bottom which probably works good for roots but I think the flat bottom works better for picking up firewood:D
good looking grapple, grandpa
-Ralph
Hey, thanks Ralph:cheers:

use a rock bucket....

works great since the dirt and stuff falls thru, and it can hold alot of wood in one go for loading trailers

i have one on my MF 245 loader

What Adam said. I got one of these. Works slicker than snot as long as everything is dry.
attachment.php

Mine's a Vreten and 75". That pic isn't mine, just one I found on their site. Pretty handy for landscaping too.

OK, I'm jealous. And I'm not showing those pictures to my grandson who helps me get the wood in. I'd never hear the end of it. Nice rigs. I've spent a lot of time in fields picking rocks too. Same way I pick wood - by hand.

Latest posts

Back