Firewood identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemaker1111

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is an old wood pile species I'm digging out the best not rotted not mildewy to burn and has a dark smooth texture bark. The limbs also look the same texture and color. What wood species is this? Looks like it's been here a while it's pretty seasoned. I'm in Delaware, USA. Thank you 🙏🔥

I think CB might be right, I just split some black birch that looked like that, lighter in color but it was freshly fallen. If you split it does it smell sweet and like birch or root beer?

This is an old wood pile species I'm digging out the best not rotted not mildewy to burn and has a dark smooth texture bark. The limbs also look the same texture and color. What wood species is this? Looks like it's been here a while it's pretty seasoned. I'm in Delaware, USA. Thank you 🙏🔥it look

I would start the ID search by IDing what trees are growing in that area. Up here, for instance, there are only about six hardwood species...so, guessing off the narrowed-down list would make it easier.

Latest posts

Back