Firewood kiln

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmurph116

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone have a firewood kiln that is heated by a biomass (wood chip) boiler?
also where would one get the wood chips for a boiler like that?
Thanks

Most people that do that sort of thing would have the chips/fuel as a by product of something else they are already producing. If you would have to buy the chips it wouldn't make sense. Just buy propane/natural gas to run the kiln. My old company that I worked for made wall panels for construction sites. We would build the whole apartment building in the shop and then ship the panels to the job to be erected. All of the scrap from making the panels was saved and went into a pile to be burned in the winter months to run a huge boiler system that heated multiple buildings. The scrap was a by product of the wall panel construction, so instead of throwing it out they turned it into fuel for the winter.

That’s what I’m getting at. If your kiln drying for your self, then you can get it box of any size and some how heat said box. The big guys use shipping containers and heat them with owb’s. I’m sure you could use a hot air furnace fed with the firewood your making.

Are you doing this for certified firewood sale and need to achieve high temp for a certain period of time to kill bugs or is this just for drying the wood?

Latest posts

Back