Firewood Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben14826

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
here is a little of my firewood and one of my vintage two man chainsaws
:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

some more firewood pictures:)
40ft conveyor to pile up the wood and they are real kids up there on the
firewood pile, stacking wood up there to make a fort :)

I love that last pic with the people standin atop the heap 'o' wood. That is one big, long conveyor. What kind of wood do you deal with mostly?

i get just abot every kind of wood that will burn well and does not stink,

ash,elm maple.carob,blackwood acaia,fruit wood, walnut, pecon, oak,
Eucalyptus, cypress, cedar, juniper, 10 different types of pine,:biggrinbounce2:

a processor would not work well for me here, i dont get pole wood or logs
most of the wood i get comes in cut up by 20-25 diferent tree service's
and i get a lot unstright grain wood, nots and croches, flared base cuts,
twisted grain wood, and funkie saw cuts from so called pro tree guys,
so i have old school wood spliters:cheers:

the big spliter has a 40 hp 4 cyclinder engine 4000 psi. 40 gpm pump,
it will bust through any round we can fit in there green or dry right down
the center,

the smaller spliter has a 24 hp 2 cyclinder engine 3000 psi 28 gpm pump,
it will split everthing green well, but some of the dry stuff it has a little
trouble with,

Holly crap

Now thats some dedicated equipment and workers you have there,... I wood imagine splitting those blocks that were cut crocked on both ends wood be a challanenge for man and the beast, I dont see any conveyor,....If your guys are pitchin that wood, ALL THAT WOOD. up there, they are (olimpic) diskis contenders for sure,.. Great Pics, Thanks Eric

conveyor....

I see your conveyor in a eariler pic post,.. Can you tell me about that conveyor,?.. never seen one quite like that,...I plan on modifying an old new idea grain conveyor ,..it will save me some big bucks if it works,..Thanks. Eric

conveyor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
i dont know what you want to know abot it so maybe the pictures
will tell you,

the big spliter has a 40 hp 4 cyclinder engine 4000 psi. 40 gpm pump,
it will bust through any round we can fit in there green or dry right down
the center,

the smaller spliter has a 24 hp 2 cyclinder engine 3000 psi 28 gpm pump,
it will split everthing green well, but some of the dry stuff it has a little
trouble with,

bigmac, your math doesn't work. with a 40 horse engine you get 20gpm at 3000 psi.

Drmiller100's quote;

bigmac, your math doesn't work. with a 40 horse engine you get 20gpm at 3000 psi.
--------------------------------------------------------
This is allmost not worth responding to, this has got to be the strangest
thing i ever heard, heres how it works there a thing called hydraulic pump
and a nother thing called RPM [ENGINE SPEED] and there is many,many
diferent size pumps, now how the pump was made and the rpm you run
the pump at will determen G-P-M [GALLONS PER. MIN.] the engine used
will determen if can reach the pumps operating limits, SO the pump i have
on there is; flow at 1800 rpm 20.3 GPM, flow at 3600 rpm 40.4 GPM, 4000 psi max,
MY ENGINE is running at 3400--3600 rpm, HAD 3000 psi hose on it at first
and it did not last to long, now have 5000 psi hose so far no bursting
when the spliter is going through a large round the engine rev's up-up-up past 3600 RPM
rpm

so put this in your pipe and smoke it :buttkick:

you can't get 40 gpm at 4000 psi out of a 40 horse engine.

math says to get 40 gpm at 4000 psi you are something pretty near 100 horsepower by the time you take into account pump efficiency losses.

unless it is a 2 stage pump?????

Hey guys any one have a firewood processor? If so lets see some pics, i am thinking of getting one.

you can't get 40 gpm at 4000 psi out of a 40 horse engine.

math says to get 40 gpm at 4000 psi you are something pretty near 100 horsepower by the time you take into account pump efficiency losses.

unless it is a 2 stage pump?????

OK, we got a smart one here, lol
how many hydraulic HP = 1 gas horsepower? how many gas horsepower = 1 electric HP?
answer me that and I will see how good you are before I dismiss what you are saying as filth and lies!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

in all honesty though unless it is a diesel 4 banger 40hp gas will not make 4000PSI while flowing 40gpm, however I would bet that the system is running about 2750-3000 psi....[ what kind of valve does it have on it?] the largest 2 stage pump produced is 32 gallons by Char-Lynn and it is almost a grand besides that the attachment shows the Halidex [barnes labeled] single stage gear pump that is only 85% efficent

here is a better question... how long does it take to cycle that splitter? and how big is the cylinder and the ram in the cylinder

on my new unit I am making the 50hp 4 cyl turbocharged Perkins will be spinning a 3 section pump putting out 52 GMP combined at 3250 PSI with 30GPM of that as dedicated splitter circut and the rest will run the conveyor and log lift part time

as far as processor pics there was a thread on that not too long ago
here is a link to my buddy Tom's unit
http://media.putfile.com/Toms-Firewood-Processor

Last edited:
in all honesty though unless it is a diesel 4 banger 40hp gas will not make 4000PSI while flowing 40gpm, however I would bet that the system is running about 2750-3000 psi....[

ok, if it is running 3000 psi, then it is only 20 gpm.

diesel, gasoline, propane, nitromethane. 40 horse engine at 3000 psi gets you 20 gpm.

gas v diesel hp

DR , ..are you sayin gas engines produce the same hp .real,..hp as diesel,?...

Last edited:
ok, if it is running 3000 psi, then it is only 20 gpm.

diesel, gasoline, propane, nitromethane. 40 horse engine at 3000 psi gets you 20 gpm.

your a dumb ass! horsepower gets you speed, TORQUE gets you pressure! you can refrence all the calculators you got access to but in the real world any hydraulic system is not producing full pressure unless it is under a load, just cycling the cylinder does not constitute a load, do you know that on my old log splitter unless I was busting crotches the gauge never went past 1000PSI

here is a question for ya, if he has 40hp 40 ft lbs of torque and he is flowing 40GPM how much PRESSURE can the system develop before the motor boggs?

trust me there is a difference between static and dynamic hydraulic systems, you need to read a few more books before you start preaching

better yet attend a seminar
http://www.msoe.edu/seminars/seminars/ihsms.shtml

your a dumb ass! horsepower gets you speed, TORQUE gets you pressure! you can refrence all the calculators you got a

i'd be interested in seeing an online calculator, or reputable article, discussing how 'torque' is needed to produce pressure.

and here i thought to produce pressure you needed restriction or resistance in the hydraulic circuit.

Latest posts

Back