Firewood Processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a home built processor. It has a 16gpm 2 stage pump to run everything. I need to know what size pump and engine would run it. Also how do you rig the chainsaw to use hyd cyl to bring it up and down without danger of putting to much pressure on it. It works, just slow, and needs some other updates.

If it doesn't have a pump,engine or down pressure on the saw I would keep looking. Lots of good used machines out there.

processor

I does have a pump, 16 gpm and a 11hp engine, I think that will be too slow. The price is right, so figure I can add my customizing and have it my way. Down the road I will add a live log deck and a conveyer. It has a 10" beam and 6 way wedge on the splitter. I will probably change to 4 way wedge, most of my trees I cut for wood aren't that big.

You will have to put a pressure control valve in a seperate circuit for the saw. you may also need a flow control valve so the saw moves at a controlled speed when under no or little load.

Back