Firewood Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
found this thread while doing research on the web. just had a customer call and complain about the wood i delivered today. there is a type of white fungus growing on the ends of the wood and the customer is freaking out. he never said a word when he helped unload it. it is oak that has been cut split and stacked for over a year. never had a complaint in over 30 years of selling wood. he bought wood from me before with no problems. comments please.
i probably wouldn't use it to grill steaks in a fire pit , or smoke a chicken with , but i have burned a lot of punky , moldy fungi wood in the stove , i like clean dry wood and i save that and burn the punky stuff first , hey cheap or free punky wood is better than no wood .

I have burned a lot of wood with white looking fungus growing off the ends before. The fire didn't mind, my bet the btu's were the same too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

My goodness, you mean to tell me there's fungus among us? Sheesh, I hope he can find himself some perfect, dry, kiln dried face cords for sale. I burn lots of fungus at the beginning of every fire season. No biggie to me.

Latest posts

Back