Firewood Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fubar

Fubar

treehugger
the hilll's of East Tn, third rock from the sun
found this thread while doing research on the web. just had a customer call and complain about the wood i delivered today. there is a type of white fungus growing on the ends of the wood and the customer is freaking out. he never said a word when he helped unload it. it is oak that has been cut split and stacked for over a year. never had a complaint in over 30 years of selling wood. he bought wood from me before with no problems. comments please.
i probably wouldn't use it to grill steaks in a fire pit , or smoke a chicken with , but i have burned a lot of punky , moldy fungi wood in the stove , i like clean dry wood and i save that and burn the punky stuff first , hey cheap or free punky wood is better than no wood .

knothole

knothole

Good and you?
My goodness, you mean to tell me there's fungus among us? Sheesh, I hope he can find himself some perfect, dry, kiln dried face cords for sale. I burn lots of fungus at the beginning of every fire season. No biggie to me.