firewood "STIHL rm NON SAFTEY YELLOW" chain----new to me,but not new

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demc570

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
just bought 2 stihl rm YELLOW non safty chains,one for my ms361 and one for my 028av supper woodboss...........i have only ever used the STIHL RS OR RSK YELLOW NON SAFTEY CHAINS''''''for years!

WHY???? you may ask that i only used the rs chains,was because i thought they were the "it" in chains for me.....
but gotta say i liken the RM,just used it a bit ago,good feel and bite,not as strong out of the box,but close enough and if it stays sharper longer,and sharpens easier,it will be my go to firewood chain for sure!!!
will i stop using the RS? no! but it will be used for special conditions'''''''clean,or softer wood that wont dull as fast'''''
---RM will be used on most everything else...................anyway i sure most of you know this,and tried to tell me this,but i had to learn for myself at my own pace;):chainsaw:

I was the same way, always used full chisel on my Stilhl 441rcm. I got tired of it dulling so fast so just recently I went out and bought a loop of RM chain. Almost all of the wood we cut is considered dirty, mostly from being drug on the ground.

+ (whatever we are up to now)

If you are constantly swapping out or stopping to sharpen RS, then the time saved starts to go bye-bye. They all have their place and are useful in their own way.

Latest posts

Back