Firewood what is it worth to you ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 20 cords there. I figured it at 60'x30'x2'. 5' in the ad seems overly optimistic. Then I divided by 180 because it being loose.

Why would they have to put it on ebay to sell it? Wouldn't a sign or ad in the local paper suffice?

The add says that you have 20 days to remove it. Plenty of time. But, are they going to let you cut it into rounds ther or are you going to have to find big equipment to load the logs up and haul them away?
If you can cut them there and leave them the mess, might be worth a little more.
Are you going to bid on it?

nothing if you dont have a place to store that much wood or a way to load and haul the big stuff.

Everything else being right and an outlet for it, maybe a hundred. It is a liability for them and you would be doing them a favor by getting rid of it. You could do them a bigger favor by telling them where they can dump the stuff from their next job.

If you end up with it , good luck with all of it.

By the description, its mostly carp wood!Pine and cedar burns hot but quick. Dont know about the sweet gum.
In reality, they would be better off putting a sign at the road "free wood"
I cant imagine it would be worth their time to fool with for what it is going for right now, 25 bucks.
I wouldnt give two cents for it.
Our county and city crews are glad for anyone to come and get wood at their dump site, less for them to burn.

By the description, its mostly carp wood!Pine and cedar burns hot but quick. Dont know about the sweet gum.
I cant imagine it would be worth their time to fool with for what it is going for right now, 25 bucks.
Our county and city crews are glad for anyone to come and get wood at their dump site, less for them to burn.

I was making an assumption sweet gum was Eucalyptus.

I assume it will be thrown in a tub grinder if it is not removed.

Relative to the area it has value, the question though, is the permissable means of removal from the sellers site and an agreeable price.

Two brussels sprout sold on ebay for $3.20US, so anything is possible.

They should give it away free like every city does. You should go there and tell them you want it and it isnt worth paying for any of it unless its cut to lenght and split. You should have to pay for that if you wanted it.

thats funny ,they couldnt pay me 25$ to take that junk wood even if i lived near by . with those strict limitations what do they want the winning bidder to do to remove it ? rent a cargo hauling military helicopter ?

Around here the joke is, if you want someone to haul off junk wood left on the side of the road, you put up a sign that says "DO NOT TAKE THIS WOOD! PENALTY!!"

Pretty good bet the wood will be gone next morning...

What would you do withthat quantity of wood in So Cal?

Possibly process it to sell as bundles at gas stations. What else?

What would I do with the wood ?

Well if it was in my yard I would

Cut it into rounds

split it .

Pile it.

burn some and try to sell some.

I know our weather is a lot milder, but some people do burn wood for heat in this area.

There is also the camp fires at the beach and desert.

I sell bulk wood or bundled wood, I don't think I can make a living with it just a little extra money and a lot of exercises.

What would you do with the wood ?:monkey:

Latest posts

Back