LOG SPLITTER TABLE *Worth The Money Ebay*

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtu160

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Sitting here with nothing to do, surfing ebay for log splitters and come across this. 90 bucks and I really like it, looks like it's built good and takes a sec to get off when needed. So do you guys think it will work, worth the 90 bucks. Or is there cheaper way. I'm in way a welder.

http://cgi.ebay.com/24x-CRADLE-FIREWOOD-LOG-SPLITTER-TABLE-BACK-SAVER_W0QQitemZ270313477644QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270313477644&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

to me it was worth the money works great,like the old sayin goes you either got time or money you could make one cheaper but its well built easy to install shiped quickly.thats my 2 cents

See what you can learn on this forum - I never knew this attachment existed. I bought one and will let you know how the recipient likes it (it's going to be a Christmas gift).

I made mine, but for under a hundred bucks its not bad. You will definitely appreciate not having to bend over and pick up each split over and over. I could never live without my "shelf" after having it !

Birthday023.jpg

Birthday022.jpg

Birthday021.jpg

I made mine, three 5/16 pins hold it on. I have about 2.0 hours and $8 into it.

Well I gusse I made the guy 200 bucks and saved 90 bucks cause there both gone. And looking at ductapes pics and all the junk I have waiting to go to the junkyard I'll make something for free.

same guy has ben selling them on ebay for a while, he will probably have more. Used to be $65, which was a steal price. Several reviews on AS in the past.
Severalyears back, I made one from angle iron and 1 inch plywoon, with a tubing brace to the bottom of the suupport stand for the splitter. However, given the quick on & off, and time involved, $100 is still reasonable I think.
One way or another, get one, I'd never run a splitter without one.

k

Way ahead of you, GTU. I had a diamond plate added to mine to keep the cookies from falling thru.

I bought one from the same guy when they were $ 65. It's worth every penny and is well made. My splitter is a 22 Huskee from TSC and the paint matched exactly. I'm sure this is no coincidence.

After splitting with the table you'll never go without unless splitting vertically.

I too thought about making my own, but not having the metal laying around, I couldn't make one for the same price! That guy welds way nicer than me too!

JD

Worth Every Penny

I think they work great. Here's a pic of mine on my I&O. I took these pics for the builder because someone with an I&O was concerned over clearances with the ram. Sure save a lot of bending.

attachment.php

I manufactured my own.

I have just labor in mine. But I always seem to keep a few pieces of scrap steel laying around.
saves the back

worth every penny

I bought this some time ago. It works great for the money. I added a piece of diamond plate to mine FOR Additional stability. Just as an FYI.

+1 on the ebay table...Simple and works well, especially with a piece of plywood or metal or anything to close up the gaps to keep splits falling through.

Would have been 50X better if he included another mounting bracket for the other side for 3 second swaps from one side to another. However, at least he jig-drilled the mounting holes, so it fits the same, once three bolts removed and swpped to other side.

Last edited:
Customized Tables

I wish I had pictures, and I left the splitter at my dad's for the winter, 170 km away, so here's my story...

I wanted tables and didn't quite like any of the ones I had seen and I wanted to do a little customizing so I made my own also, one for each side of the beam. They are two different sizes, a smaller table on the operator side and a bigger one on the other side, which comes to about 1" inside of the plane of the outside edge of wheel, as I didn't want it to stick out for many reasons.

Well I should add that it was a team effort, I am a partner in a company that has a fabrication department.

I measured up the splitter and sketched some ideas, took about 20min. It is a Speeco, 22 ton model with the fabricated I-beam design, it already had two holes in the web part so I worked those into the design to hold / mount the tables to splitter.

Then I drew it in Acad which took about 40 min, including laying out most of the parts so they could be cut on our CNC router table.

Had the guy in the shop cut the parts from 1/8" aluminum, both the vertical webs and the table tops, program files and cutting took about 20min.

Then on to the fabrication dept. the guy their brake-formed the table tops, I incorporated 1" upwards flange on the outer sides and 1" downward flanges to help with rigidity and welding surfaces. He welded it up with his fabrication time about 45 min.

Since it was aluminum I left them mill finish.

It took me about 10min to mount both of them with two bolts holding both through the beam, the holes are at the top of my angles at the beam so I only needed two as downward pressure applies tension to bolts and compression to the bottom of flanges.

So all tolled there is a little over 2 hours in them both from conception to birth. Factor in discussions and such no more than 3 hours.

I didn't calculate the design load but I figured it was way stronger than needed, so we did a physical load test to them, one of my work partners is 6ft 4in and 335 lbs, so after a few minutes with him and nothing budged...test done.

I have put huge blocks on them and they work mint, everyone loves them, those loading, operating, stacking :) and even those watching:popcorn:

Sorry for the verbal blah blah blah, I will try to get some pictures in the next few weeks when I get a chance so I can post them.

i had a buddy weld to my beam 3 on each side 3/4" black pipe couplers, then i can screw in the threaded 3/4" peices of pipe, we laid it out in verticle mode also, so the pipes do not have to be removed when ya flip the splitter..
if you go the route i did, DO NOT get your couplers at lowes or home depot, they're made in china and have so many impurities in the steel that they just bubble up, make a mess and not hold too well at all, found that out 1st hand..
good luck

Negative: that is where to stand to work the controls.

I put a small one on the operator side of my splitter and I really like it, its only about 10" by 20" long, it never gets in the way, but it is great for resting the half split ones there while you finish off the other half.

Half the battle with splitting wood is saving time and saving your back. I was going to invest in one of these for my Huskee splitter until I sold it and upgraded to a Super Split that has a production table. I think it's a well spent $90.

Latest posts

Back