fireworks in wood stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen white ash blow lots of sparks while burning. I think it has something to do as to when it was cut and how it was dried.
John

I have one of those spray foam guns, the kind you screw the can of foam onto, I got it for gluing insulated concrete forms together. I had a can of solvent to clean the gun, I think it was mostly acetone. Couldn't get it to work, no propellant, it was old when I bought it, I think. Threw it in the wood boiler whole, there was a hot fire going. Didn't know what to expect.

About 20 seconds later there's a BOOOM shook the whole wood boiler, blew ash out the door louvers and a big cloud of ash out the chimney. Didn't think it would cause any damage since it wasn't in a sealed chamber and the firebox is 1/4" plate. That was fun but I won't do it again. :laugh: Pretty much blew the top off the can but that was enough. I was hoping to dislodge some of the creosote built up but that's like sticky black concrete...

I threw a party at my house one night during the winter. Everyone was cold so I fired up the wood stove. It wasn't drawing very well so I thought I would throw one of those Smoke and Mirrors mortars in the clean out door to clean the chimney. ( Yes we were drinking.) When it went off it blew the stove pipe out of the wall 6" and blew the cleanout door about 15yards through the lawn. I welded the door back together and stuck the pipe back in the wall and all is well. I would definitely recomend for you not to put fireworks in your stove or chimney.

A friend of mine use to live besides his drunk azz belligerent BIL .
One winter he noticed that he was going through firewood at a faster pace than the fires he was making , suspecting the BIL he drilled a piece of wood . inserted a 12 gauge shell in it with the shot cut off and plugged it .
That winter must have turned a lot milder because his firewood never lasted so long .

:cheers:

A friend of mine use to live besides his drunk azz belligerent BIL .
One winter he noticed that he was going through firewood at a faster pace than the fires he was making , suspecting the BIL he drilled a piece of wood . inserted a 12 gauge shell in it with the shot cut off and plugged it .
That winter must have turned a lot milder because his firewood never lasted so long .

:cheers:

Great, what ever works. :clap::clap:

I have one of those spray foam guns, the kind you screw the can of foam onto, I got it for gluing insulated concrete forms together. I had a can of solvent to clean the gun, I think it was mostly acetone. Couldn't get it to work, no propellant, it was old when I bought it, I think. Threw it in the wood boiler whole, there was a hot fire going. Didn't know what to expect.

About 20 seconds later there's a BOOOM shook the whole wood boiler, blew ash out the door louvers and a big cloud of ash out the chimney. Didn't think it would cause any damage since it wasn't in a sealed chamber and the firebox is 1/4" plate. That was fun but I won't do it again. :laugh: Pretty much blew the top off the can but that was enough. I was hoping to dislodge some of the creosote built up but that's like sticky black concrete...

That is nuts!

The troll is fed. So, I figured I may as well contribute. No offense, but some of you (and a few overzealous lawyers) are the reasons everything comes with 500 warning labels. I may not be the smartest, but common sense sure has taken me far in life!

My only advice, if you blow your hand off, please don't sue the manufacturer of the ammunition, pyrotechnic or stove, lol.

The troll is fed. So, I figured I may as well contribute. No offense, but some of you (and a few overzealous lawyers) are the reasons everything comes with 500 warning labels. I may not be the smartest, but common sense sure has taken me far in life!

My only advice, if you blow your hand off, please don't sue the manufacturer of the ammunition, pyrotechnic or stove, lol.

We call it "product testing" :)

Harry K

I used to toss empty spray cans of anything in the burn barrel back when those barrels were still legal. I quit the day I was mowing grass, dumped the next load of trash in the barrel and proceeded mowing. Boom!. Next round I found the top disc of the can laying where I had jsut mowed. Nice, pretty razor sharp edges and that thing had gone near a 100 ft and either through, over or around an 80' fir tree to get there! No more cans in the trash for me.

Harry K

Yeah...its amazing any of us rednecks even made it to an adult age, isnt it? Im imagining these stories are probably even close to the STUPIDEST things we have done!

amazing we survived?! this is just entertainment! If it don't kill ya, just makes ya stronger.
My goofy buddy put a can of fix-a-flat in the campfire one night--burned off the nozzle, then sat in the fire and spurted like a rocket engine. Not amused enough, he then lobbed a small hairspray can in the fire and it erupted and went straight toward the cook tent at supersonic speed. Luckily we didn't burn down the cafeteria.

Back