First aid kits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Netree,

You might be correct. I only recall the powder in the article I read, but I have heard others mention an aersol version or something similar.

I intend to ordr some when I can recall the name. It ia amazing how quickly one can bleed from a chainsaw cut...

Three Maxi-pads, a roll of the new Nexcare waterproof foam tape,(used to used duct tape) tweezers, two pair rubber gloves, and a tube of Krazy glue. :blob5: Been my first aid kit for 18 years, approved by any trauma ER in the country. Inexpensive to replace stuff.

That Quickclot stuff is amazing. It is made from shellfish. I ain't chitin you.(Well I will if you are bleeding.)

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/search/web/QuikClot

Justin, the only problem with that pun is that the word is pronounced in the greek way KY-tin ;) I learned that, (and a number of other big words) the hard way, by pronouncing them wrong in a large group. The biggest problem whe all your "book learnin" is self paced.

a couple of my other faux pas,
par-EN-kem-a
kin-EE-see-ol-o-gy

Stumper said:
P_ Woozel, Do you use the Krazy glue as an Eyewash? :p
The way some of my crewmembers see things at times, it would appear so. :cool: But mostly its for sealing flappers and small cuts. Has to be the Borden Krazy glue, not super glue, wonder bond etc.

Labonville (www.labonville.com) has some good 1st aid items that are reasonably priced.

I always carry the small pack on me, it has room for a scrench and torx wrench.

Also Costco (PriceClub) has good travel 1st aid kits that contain tweezers, individually packaged eye wash, bandaids, etc.

Okay P. Serious question. Why does it have to be Borden Krazy glue? I've use the generic on split skin. What am I missing?

The instructors never were quite detailed on whether it was beacause the Borden stuff was less harmful beacause of the derivative ingredients being from animal products, or the other brands were of a more synthetic makeup. but to the best of my understanding, it has to be Krazy glue, though there are other products out now that are sold in Firstaid supplies but they are more expensive because of that. Thats why I by the maxi-pads they are cheaper than the same size trauma dressing. :umpkin:

I was in charge of idiots on a line job, (except Jeff), i was so worried, i put plasitc zip lock bags in every kit, right on top, the first thing you come to when opened...

It was to put their fingers in( never needed them, but..) Now i keep my own 3 kits [various sizes], with them in it to..

Btw , keeping one on your body, i rarley do now, but you can bleed to death in 3 mins, it might be 4 mins to do a (safe) airial rescue...

Latest posts

Back