First cuts with CS mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gchamber

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I had two giant white oak trees taken down on my property, bases 40-48" diameter. Company wanted too much to haul it off, so I decided to mill it. Built a saw and a mill and went to town. One of the trees was rather dead, and had some really amazing spalting in the sap wood. After drying for a while, I pulled the bark off and boy was I surprised! Check it out and let me know what you think!IMG_1688.JPG IMG_1695.JPG IMG_1693.JPG IMG_1694.JPG 1.jpg mantle.jpg grain.jpg

So I had two giant white oak trees taken down on my property, bases 40-48" diameter. Company wanted too much to haul it off, so I decided to mill it. Built a saw and a mill and went to town. One of the trees was rather dead, and had some really amazing spalting in the sap wood. After drying for a while, I pulled the bark off and boy was I surprised! Check it out and let me know what you think!View attachment 639817 View attachment 639818 View attachment 639819 View attachment 639820 View attachment 639821 View attachment 639822 View attachment 639823
Looks like Red Oak to me....the one is anyways.
Nice looking slabs.

Latest posts

Back