First Fire of the year, Yaaaaah

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blowncrewcab

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm sittin here having a beverage while burning this years first fire in my Buck stove insert, It'll be down in the low 40's tonight, everything is working perfect, I installed all new gaskets and totally cleaned the firebox and flue pipe, I love the smell of the burning wood in the cold outside air:clap: Just thought I'd share.....

I installed a new woodstove last weekend and had a fire Friday evening through Saturday afternoon. I love the fall season, and wish that the colors and weather lasted longer.

I have lit my insert twice this past week. Burning up the remnants of last years wood before I start burning the wood for this year. Its time, and I am happy!

I have yet to fire up the boiler.

So far this season the solar panels have been carrying us through. But if the weatherman is correct, next few days highs in the sixties lows in the thirties..and chance of showers and cloudy.. I will be forced to use my one match of the year I reckon.
I just checked and my storage tank is at 111 degrees.. It will heat anything that calls for heat tonight.. If it is sunny tomorrow I will be good for another night.
My system is radiant in the slab. I do not need 180 degrees

How often does it get to below freezing in tennesee? I've been burning since the end of august in the evening and steady since the start of this month. There's already a foot of snow in the higher elevations around here.

How often does it get to below freezing in tennesee? I've been burning since the end of august in the evening and steady since the start of this month. There's already a foot of snow in the higher elevations around here.

For Dec, Jan, Feb, the nights will drop below freezing. sometimes highs will be 30's for the day, usually 40's or warmer in the daytime. my boss is from Canada, he say's our winter here is like spring up there.

I fired my boiler up a couple weeks ago when I needed to paint a car and wanted the temps to stay up in the shop overnight. I have left it going just turning the pumps off during the day when it is warmer and sunny. I have been able to get away with throwing a few chunks of wood in every few days. It is getting cooler at night now and I figure I will just leave it burning. I typically just burn propane for the month of October seeing as the temps here vary greatly.

I do not have enough wood to run water heat this year. I plan to up my wood supply next year and use it for water heat in the winter only.

I lit my insert for the third time this year tonight. It's funny by the end of April I can't stand feeding that thing anymore, but once fall comes the 30 degree nights can't get here fast enough. I too was all excited to finally start using up that pile I worked so hard to cut, split, stack two years ago.

I fired up my owb yesterday afternoon too. I replaced the door gasket and added water treatment. It was down in the 30's here last night. It feels good not being held hostage by the gas company once again! :clap:

lit mine yesterday been going about 24 hours now. The say its going to be this week so i imagine ill just keep it going

I'm sittin here having a beverage while burning this years first fire in my Buck stove insert, It'll be down in the low 40's tonight, everything is working perfect, I installed all new gaskets and totally cleaned the firebox and flue pipe, I love the smell of the burning wood in the cold outside air:clap: Just thought I'd share.....

Gonna get in the upper 30's tonight with scattered frost. Gonna have my first fire tonight and I can't wait.

been doing for a couple of weeks , I usually get one going at about 4 AM before I head off to work , so that way when the wife gets up at 6AM the house is nice and toasty

3-12-2006035.jpg

Latest posts

Back