First fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yep, July 24th and I lit the stove this afternoon!!. Almost 2 weeks of 90+ Temps in the low 70s with a strong breeze going and it was chilly in the house. Lows tonight around 50 so I will keep it going for the night. Back to the 90s again in two days.

Harry K

i will wear extra clothing before i light my stove.

Ha! Harry is most likely our most senior active member and has 80 cord locust stashed..burn a fire, Harry!

It's funny, but I notice this too, in the winter, it hits in the 50s it feels nice! In the summer, it drops to the 50s, dang, it's cold!

I thought about it. The electric heat got turned on for a few minutes instead.

Last week, I was in Moses Hole and suffering in 104-108 temps. Lots of people there and we were staying in our un airconditioned travel trailers and tents.

Don't move here.

Ha! Harry is most likely our most senior active member and has 80 cord locust stashed..burn a fire, Harry!

It's funny, but I notice this too, in the winter, it hits in the 50s it feels nice! In the summer, it drops to the 50s, dang, it's cold!

That was the "wood to burn" bit. Goes along with: He's so rich he has 'money to burn' :)

Harry K

Latest posts

Back