First impressions of my New 346xp NE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations, as many have said they are a great l'il saw and you'll enjoy it even more as it gets broke in, 15-20 tanks through it an it'll be even stronger. MM the saw and retune it and it will pick up even more. It's a great firewood saw for the do-it yourself cutter. As with any saw to really get the most out of it is keeping your chain sharp, these li'l 50cc buggers let you know pretty quick when a chain starts getting mediocre, they are a lot more sensitive in this aspect compared to the 70cc saw class. I like running the Stihl RSC is clean wood and for pure limbing.

FC, you need a new dealer. He obviously hasn't sold many 346's. The grey cover came with the conversion from 45cc to 50cc.

I actually misspoke on that point. I got that from another dealer in a conversation about the green gas cap (I was seeing if he one without the trio-brake, cat muffler, green cap) and he was rattling off on the xp's he had and mentioned the gray cover. I got it my head then that it was a 2011 thing. I don't think he actually said that.

Besides, I kind of like my dealer because he gave me LOTS of freebies (pair of lightly used Husky chaps, new carb for my other saw that he had laying around, and hat :hmm3grin2orange:) to go with my saw and still lower price than I found anywhere else. That plus I can't stand the other local dealer because they have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

Good post, and RSC is very good chain - but I prefere LP by a slight margin in .325. ;)

Tell me what length to make it and I'm going to shoot you out a loop of LPX. in the .325. i don't like it as much as the rsc. maybe lp was different but lpx in .325 isn't my jam. I want you to see that what we get over here from oregon in .325 really isn't that great these days. We cannot get LP anymore.

Last edited:
Tell me what length to make it and I'm going to shoot you out a loop of LPX. in the .325. i don't like it as much as the rsc. maybe lp was different but lpx in .325 isn't my jam. I want you to see that what we get over here from oregon in .325 really isn't that great these days. We cannot get LP anymore.

I have never tried the LPX, as I still have enough LP - even though the difference is small (forget it for practical purposes), the LP is a bit faster and smoother than the RSC. I guess the reason is the wider kerf and thicker chrome of the RSC......

I have never tried the LPX, as I still have enough LP - even though the difference is small (forget it for practical purposes), the LP is a bit faster and smoother than the RSC. I guess the reason is the wider kerf and thicker chrome of the RSC......

I'm saying, if you'd like, or not even if you'd like but if you'd accept it, I'll post you out a loop. I agree that for 3/8 on big saws the difference is tiny, but for some reason, lpx seems to suck in .325. Let me know what size to make it/gauge. My treat.

Latest posts

Back