First ported saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also just picked up a ms 460. Very light use but you can barely pull the cord. Something is up for sure. Gotta investigate but it might be a great candidate for a port job depending on what’s wrong with it. Huskyhl do you do any repair work?

Also just picked up a ms 460. Very light use but you can barely pull the cord. Something is up for sure. Gotta investigate but it might be a great candidate for a port job depending on what’s wrong with it. Huskyhl do you do any repair work?
I do, but I need to know what’s wrong with it first so I don’t chase issues for days. Hopefully the cylinder is salvageable since used ones are hard to find and new oem is $300

I do, but I need to know what’s wrong with it first so I don’t chase issues for days. Hopefully the cylinder is salvageable since used ones are hard to find and new oem is $300
But but you have all day to chase gremlins in tools with issues. Now your a big time shop and all that you love repair work, right?
😀

Old sh¡t gas.
Yep , old stale gas with a significant octane loss . Preignition or too advanced timing can also contribute to plug electrode & piston crown or ring damage also , however bad fuel is the most likely contributing factor !

Lol yea I bought a group of 6 saws from these guys. Basically they run it till it explodes and then buy a new one. I’m kinda worried about metal shavings being in crank bearings. Any special way to clean them without completely disassembling saw.

Lol yea I bought a group of 6 saws from these guys. Basically they run it till it explodes and then buy a new one. I’m kinda worried about metal shavings being in crank bearings. Any special way to clean them without completely disassembling saw.
Ah, so they're a hunting club of doctors & lawyers...

Looking to have a saw ported for the first time. I’ve got ms440 and 441. 441 is getting a new cylinder and piston. I’m a casual sawman but use saws a decent amount living on a farm with plenty of fence lines and lots of storms. I don’t have the knowledge or time to attempt this myself. Just trying to decide which saw the port and who should do the work. Looking for a reputable person that may have time lol. I’m located in ga. Thanks in advance.
Tim
buy a 460 cylinder for the 441 and do a Hybrid build. Just need someone who know how to shape the outside of the cylinder to find the 441 base.

Latest posts

Back