First time poster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampsofhome

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the help you didn't know you gave me. I'm just a firewood cutter - I've lived here in the swamps for over 20 years and have cut firewood for all that time, but it probably only averages out to 2 cords a year. We don't need a lot of firewood down here in Louisiana, but I keep my old Black Bart stove fed with it. Anyway, I've owned a Stihl MS 310 for almost all those years and a MS180 for the last 5-6 years. Never a problem except with ethanol issues. Then I started to get in trouble. I began looking at saws in pawn shops and doing research on what I found. That led me to AS where I first began to suspect there is a syndrome that I believe I've heard referred to as CAS - do I have that right? Anyway, it started to take effect and the result is I bought a MS440 Magnum. I've also got my eye on a couple of other neat saws. How many do you need? The answer to the similar question about guitars is "one more than you already have." I hope I don't come down with a serious case. Anyway, there were several things about the MS440 that I needed help on and I found all the answers right here. Thanks to everyone for their shared knowledge.

Welcome to AS there is a wealth of infomation here and a lot of good people.I read this site for years before I joined. Always wanting another saw is quite addicting. The saw wish list always grows,ha ha!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the help you didn't know you gave me. I'm just a firewood cutter - I've lived here in the swamps for over 20 years and have cut firewood for all that time, but it probably only averages out to 2 cords a year. We don't need a lot of firewood down here in Louisiana, but I keep my old Black Bart stove fed with it. Anyway, I've owned a Stihl MS 310 for almost all those years and a MS180 for the last 5-6 years. Never a problem except with ethanol issues. Then I started to get in trouble. I began looking at saws in pawn shops and doing research on what I found. That led me to AS where I first began to suspect there is a syndrome that I believe I've heard referred to as CAS - do I have that right? Anyway, it started to take effect and the result is I bought a MS440 Magnum. I've also got my eye on a couple of other neat saws. How many do you need? The answer to the similar question about guitars is "one more than you already have." I hope I don't come down with a serious case. Anyway, there were several things about the MS440 that I needed help on and I found all the answers right here. Thanks to everyone for their shared knowledge.
These guys are pretty damn helpful here. I was in the same boat as you as far as a new (to me) saw, an ms460, and I got so much useful, helpful info from the folks on here. Pretty good group of folks

Latest posts

Back