First time using the X27

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl_in_texas

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago for $30 on clarence at TSC. It felt like I was swinging it in slow motion compared to the X25. Felt a little heavier, but once I got into the swing of things :msp_rolleyes: it took less effort. I will say it definitely lets you know when you need to back up.

Steve

Yeah I like the 27 a little better than the 25

If your on a chopping block I like the 25 better

Yeah it is a bit different then the X25, but I like the X27 better. Now get the X7 hatchet for kindling.....love that little bugger.

Got mine about 4 or 5 months ago and still haven't put it to wood yet...Waitng till cutting season starts so I can test drive it in actual use conditions....:msp_unsure:

The X27 is the ticket, we're all above 6' with the boys being 6-2 and 6-4, the longer handle sure helps out. Never liked the 25's short handle, we always swing them like a post maul and thought the short handle was a little dangerous. I do wish they would make another model with the handle length of the X27 but add another 2lbs to the head, it would be ideal for the big pieces of oak and hickory we split. Wood up to 18-22" they are great but bigger than that we pull out the old heavier traditional style splitting maul.

Latest posts

Back