Fishing line bits inside new rope?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanBrown3D

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've pulled a couple of 2-inch plastic fishing line type strands out of my new arbormaster rope, they were sticking out of the side. One I had to cut off as it was stuck inside. I assume this is not part of the actual rope but some crap that was picked up during the manufacture process. Should I be concerned? I'm trusting my life on this line.

Thanks

Dean

fishing line

DeanBrown3D said:
Hi all,

I've pulled a couple of 2-inch plastic fishing line type strands out of my new arbormaster rope, they were sticking out of the side. One I had to cut off as it was stuck inside. I assume this is not part of the actual rope but some crap that was picked up during the manufacture process. Should I be concerned? I'm trusting my life on this line.

Thanks

Dean

Are you sure that wasn't thread to hold the loop in the rope? Some times a thread is used to hold a splice or loop from coming undone.

Samson arbormaster blue/white or any color has a piece of monofilament, in the center of each of the 16 strands that make up its contruction. Unless you cut through the rope you really never see or feel them. Visually check the rope from end to end pull it through your hand and check for bulges, cuts or any other irregularities. If the rope is unused, return it, if the visual is ok, then use it.

Corey

Hhhmmm...

Return it, the manufacturer should be glad to apraise the irregularity and should replace/refund your purchase...

Well, I called the seller (WesSpur), and they got UPS to come pick it up for me and rushed a new one out which I now have. Perfect 10 service, no fuss. I just wanted to let people know.

Dean

DeanBrown3D said:
Well, I called the seller (WesSpur), and they got UPS to come pick it up for me and rushed a new one out which I now have. Perfect 10 service, no fuss. I just wanted to let people know.

Dean

I received the same type of service from Wespur, they rock!!!
Customer satisfaction buys allot of loyalty.

Latest posts

Back