fiskars super splitting axe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevohut

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Wow what a great tool. First time using it and I think I'm in love. Don't need no fancy splitter for $1400. It was well worth the $35 in shipping costs to get it to me.

steve:cheers:

Wow what a great tool. First time using it and I think I'm in love. Don't need no fancy splitter for $1400. It was well worth the $35 in shipping costs to get it to me.

steve:cheers:

Well I have both the fancy 1000. splitter and the Fiskars I think they both have there place I agree with you 100% I would say a good 65% the Fiskars is faster than the splitter but the rest of the time a splitter is nice in crappy wood. Great tool I agree!

I have the Fiskars SS and Pro Spliter. I sold my 37 ton hydraulic splitter this spring because it took up to much space. The Fiskars are fantastic. they hang on a wall. I might get another powered splitter some day but Im in no hurry. I split 5-10 cords a year.

Last edited:
I have the Fiskars SS and Pro Spliter. I sold my 37 ton hydraulic splitter this spring because it took up to much space. The Fiskars are fantastic. they hang on a wall. I might get another powered splitter some day but Im in no hurry. I split 5-10 cords a year.

That's a lot of wood to split by hand. About how long does it take you to split a cord. I've never really split much wood before so I'm trying to bench mark myself to see if I'm being to slack.

steve :cheers:

Back