Fiskers supersplitter vs. Fiskers x25

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btmonnat

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried and compared the supersplitter to the new and improved x25. If the x25 is better I would consider selling my almost new supersplitter and buying a x25. Sometimes new and improved is not always what it seems. Thanks to all in advance.

I purchased the X27 yesterday to replace my Superspliter, Mainly for the longer handle. I have not used it yet though. Maybe today, Ill let you know.

I can't say for sure but I doubt it, that the newer design would be all that much better. Now if you just want a longer handle, you'll have to go to an X27.

I really think they should have kept the strict wedge shape..BUT..I have not put either of the new ones into wood either, so I am purely guessing.

I have done over 30" rounds of oak & hickory with my original supersplitter with the shorter handle. If that ain't good enough, well....

I can't say for sure but I doubt it, that the newer design would be all that much better. Now if you just want a longer handle, you'll have to go to an X27.

I really think they should have kept the strict wedge shape..BUT..I have not put either of the new ones into wood either, so I am purely guessing.

I have done over 30" rounds of oak & hickory with my original supersplitter with the shorter handle. If that ain't good enough, well....
I'm guess en there is a reason behind the change :msp_rolleyes:

What is the difference between the ss and the x25 ?

I recently got the 36" long x27.....maybe I should get a ss also?

I think the head on the x25 has changed a little and the handle is straight with a rubber grip on the handle. The supersplitter is the original version. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I have both. The head shapes are completely different and the SS is a quarter of a pound heavier. I prefer the old SS, it just seems to work better for me.

Back