Fixin to get ugly here......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, today was not what I hoped for...

Got up to lower 40's which only melted the top of the ice.
So now it's water on top of ice...slicker that ever.
Had a lady stop for an estimate today and went down flat on her back!
Hope she's OK (and doesn't sue me)

Fog set in about dark and the wind came up.

Drove home at about 20 in...BLOWING fog!

Just as bad as whiteout snow conditions.

What a December!

Well, today was not what I hoped for...

Got up to lower 40's which only melted the top of the ice.
So now it's water on top of ice...slicker that ever.
Had a lady stop for an estimate today and went down flat on her back!
Hope she's OK (and doesn't sue me)

Fog set in about dark and the wind came up.

Drove home at about 20 in...BLOWING fog!

Just as bad as whiteout snow conditions.

What a December!

Double D,

Might have to tighten up a bit on those big estimates.

Joat

Alot of major roads here in NW In, were closed this morning. Slick!

I went to exchange a oxygen bottle today at the Praxair drop station which is at a body shop. The owner said he had never had to give so many estimates in one morning ever!

It has been bitter cold here for almost two weeks. Too cold to even enjoy all the snowfall. We broke the 90 year old snowfall record this month, and it's still coming down. You have to love the "Pacific decadal oscillation". Expect a little more snow and cooler temps for the next few years. Personally, Norther Arizona is looking really nice right now.

Well it was in the mid-upper 30's yesterday with some drizzle and fog. Me and my friend got some wood cut. Then driving home last night was fun. Couldn't hardly see 10 yards beond the front of the truck with low beams in the fog. Then the temp dipped below freezing and turned all the slush into ice. The lot at my work is a skating rink as is the driveway at home. We are supposed to get freezing rain turning into snow sometime today or tonight. But tomorrow and Monday are suppposed to be sunny and the upper 20's before more snow on Tuesday.

Husqvarna: 137, 61 (in pieces-yet), L65, 288xp, 2100CD
McCulloch: Mac 2-10 (won't stay running-rainy day project)

frigg... we got 6 inches yesterday afternoon.. Dug by hand for 5 hours, then rode the plow from 2pm to 9pm... Trees all over the roads didn't help progress..

Now it's raining...

Roofs out here are 15 (pre mid-'90s) or 25lb/sqft snow loading.. LOLOL... we have close to 30... My greenhouse had sagged 6 inches - just got to that in time. MY neighbors' roof let go and all his gutter went with it. My barn is probably next, and with a 14/12 pitch, just about impossible to do anything about it. :cry:

Last edited:
50 degrees and rain today. Feels like October, everyone is out getting saw stuff today they've got
Christmas money and are gonna get that saw they've been wanting.

TWC is forecasting 60* here tomorrow. I don't know whether to do some cutting, splitting, or get the bike out tomorrow! :D

Were expecting tornadoes and all kind of bad stuff, About 70 degrees here and the begiining of the week it was in the single digits. As the old saying goes if ya don't like the weather in arkansas just wait a few minutes.lol

yea that sounds like north carolina type of weather too it can be in the 20s or 30s one day and overnight it can go to 60s 70s even 80s just this earlier week it was in the 30s now today its back to almost 70 so its one thing im use too is the weather changes

the last big snow storm we had was back in 1989 that was during christmas season that year was the first white christmas i ever been in we have had big snow storms since then but they normally are during janurary or february

Last edited:
frigg... we got 6 inches yesterday afternoon.. Dug by hand for 5 hours, then rode the plow from 2pm to 9pm... Trees al over the roads didn't help progress..

Now it's raining...

Roofs out here are 15 (pre mid-'90s) or 25lb/sqft snow loading.. LOLOL... we have close to 30... My greenhouse had sagged 6 inches - just got to that in time. MY neighbors' roof let go and all his gutter went with it. My barn is probably next, and with a 14/12 pitch, just about impossible to do anything about it. :cry:

stay safe and warm most important thing is be safe sorry to hear about the roof on the barn wish there was a way to relieve some of that stress on it

My roof has very little pitch and I've added a great deal of insulation during the last few years, it works great, but now with no snow melting off the roof and this rain, the stress must be well over what it was designed for. I redirected some ducting plus have heaters in the attic in an attempt melt as much of it as I can before it starts raining too hard. Roofs and car ports are collapsing around the area.

frigg... we got 6 inches yesterday afternoon.. Dug by hand for 5 hours, then rode the plow from 2pm to 9pm... Trees all over the roads didn't help progress..

Now it's raining...

Won't 14/12 shed snow? Is it metal roofing? I hope you don't lose your barn!

70+˚ yesterday, an inch of rain this morning, then an ice storm. Now it is in the 20s and snowing. Go figure.

Comes with the turf....

FPAK51PAFC_AKZ111
-----------------
AKZ111-311400-
MATANUSKA VALLEY-
INCLUDING...PALMER...WASILLA...SUTTON...CHICKALOON
1020 PM AKST TUE DEC 30 2008
.TONIGHT...CLEAR. LOWS 15 TO 25 BELOW. NORTHEAST WIND 5 TO 15 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS 5 BELOW TO 5 ABOVE. NORTHEAST
WIND 5 TO 15 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...CLEAR. LOWS 15 TO 25 BELOW. NORTHEAST
WIND 5 TO 15 MPH.
.NEW YEARS DAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 5 BELOW TO 5 ABOVE.
NORTH WIND TO 15 MPH.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 15 TO 25 BELOW. NORTHEAST WIND
TO 30 MPH.
.FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE MORNING BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY BY
AFTERNOON. HIGHS 5 BELOW TO 5 ABOVE.
.FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 15 TO
25 BELOW. HIGHS 5 BELOW TO 5 ABOVE.
.SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 5 TO 15 ABOVE.
LOWS 5 TO 15 BELOW.
.MONDAY THROUGH TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 5 TO 15 ABOVE.
LOWS 5 TO 15 BELOW.

After the big blow last few days,will have to dig out the fire pit from solstice to get ready for New Years,fire up the wood truck & 372 and get some fire wood logs,kids are expecting a big bonfire.
Thats the way we do it here,get ready for winter or move somewhere else

ak4195

The inch of rain we've has this week has setttled to the bottom of the snow. Now we have 3 inches of solid ice below about a foot of cascade cement.:mad:

Back