Flawless chainsaw models only

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engines are made in Japan along with many integral parts. Carburetors on mine are Walbro. Some models are made and assembled in Japan such a as the 7310. I think the 620s are also. Definitely the 680 and the discontinued 800. My older 370 has a made in Japan sticker with an aluminum handle and black muffler. The newer ones and the 400 are assembled in the USA and have plastic handles and stainless mufflers. Back just a couple of years ago all Echos had the 300hr EPA rating (which is worth squat to me), but now I’m seeing models with 150hrs. So, no telling what changes will come. In todays world of chainsaws, there’s rarely good changes. But at least Echo has been moving in a good direction with saws like the 590/620’s and the very new, normal carbed, non-strato 7310.

I think some guys prefer less electronics on saws and seems like echo is catering to those which also keeps prices down. I can't afford those pricey other orange saws. I got 88cc remingtons for when I need some extra grunt and at around 125- 200$ per used saw its in my price range

I think some guys prefer less electronics on saws and seems like echo is catering to those which also keeps prices down. I can't afford those pricey other orange saws. I got 88cc remingtons for when I need some extra grunt and at around 125- 200$ per used saw its in my price range
I hear ya. It’s not even a price thing for me, I just don’t want to EVER have to think about firmware when it comes to saws. I’m an electronic tech. I go to the woods to get away from electronics, which suck, constantly fail, and can rarely be repaired, but only replaced. It’s not even that the electronics in these saws are unreliable, it’s the fact that people are becoming more knuckleheaded than ever and in 10 years you are going to have Frito Pendejo telling you he can’t fix your autotune because it’s too outdated. I’d (honestly) like to here some accounts in this thread about some autotune saws from 2010 still cutting wood, and being “flawless”. This is because I really do want to believe in these saws. Husqy has so many that run and handle beautifully. I just don’t want to spend $1000 for something that’s gonna give me 5 years. …so maybe it is a price thing. It wasn’t easy for me to afford the 395xp but I bet I can throw parts at it on my own for at least 30 years.

Good to know. I am about to acquire same saw. Do you have any service manuals that you can pass on? Thanks.

Sorry I do not.
I still have and use my Pro Mac 700 I bought new in 1988. I just take good care or it. 28” bar and full house chipper chain. I also have my Husky 288 and my Husky 372. Both outstanding saws. My go to light duty saw with I also bought new is my pro mac 10-10s got it in 86.

Latest posts

Back