flight of the phoenix: ms361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volks-man

Arboristsite.com Spooner
Reaction score
mr. hall has done it again.
once again shown why people hold him in the highest regards. the ms361 is running like a champ!
i only picked it up yesterday. decided to run it a little this afternoon to see whats what. tried ripping old dead oak rounds down to size. not a problem. the saw seems more than up to the task. i've been calling it 'the phoenix'. if i keep ripping this stuff i may change that to 'the pasta maker'! making noodles was never so easy!:)
i cannot begin to thank thall enough for his work and generosity regarding the service on this saw. i drove through 4 states on my way to pick up the saw saturday:dizzy: ..... and it was worth every mile.:)

thank the wife for the pics (she hated going out there today) and please disregard the lack of ppe. it was removed for photographic clarity.

let the chips fly!
March2008Chainsaw015.jpg

March2008Chainsaw007.jpg

March2008Chainsaw006.jpg

March2008Chainsaw026.jpg

Great pics from a job well done.:clap: Those are some good sized chunks of wood, ever thought of a MS460?:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

A 20" 361 and 32" 460 combo would look very nice.:chainsaw:

OK, i have to yell about the PPE. LOL I dont wear chaps or a helmet, but almost always wear safety glasses and ear plugs. Last night it was almost dark and I took my glasses and plugs off and ran the 7900 for a few last cuts of the evening. I not only got saw chip in my eyes, but my ears rang all night from that louda** Dolmar. OK Im done, nice looking 361!!!

what STIHL isn't? (other than the 200T):cheers:

Yeah, no problem admitting that, but the 372xp is pretty good at that as well - no real problem, just have to tug out the noodles slightly more often, because the chain adjuster is in the cover - takes about two seconds.

Last edited:
Awwww it runs

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I guess I did put the piston back in that saw, I was wondering about that,LOLOL

So you did admit to liking Elvis?

Good move.

He not only admitted it he came in the door shaking a knee and handed me a big poster of the King himself. Will put that up on the wall as a conversation peice.

Ya see Joat I deal with ALOT of wives. Their hubby's send them in to pick up stuff and they eat Elvis up. They wind up spending more money everytime they come back to get a peek at the boy. Gotta know how to market your shop Joat,LOL

Last edited:
He not only admitted it he came in the door shaking a knee and hand me a big poster of the King himself. Will put that up on the wall as a conversation peice.

Ya see Joat I deal with ALOT of wives. Their hubby's send them in to pick up stuff and they eat Elvis up. They wind up spending more money everytime they come back to get a peek at the boy. Gotta know how to market your shop Joat,LOL

Tommie,

You wanna explain that and clear this matter up?

joat

The 361 really excells in ripping from the side, because of the very tidy area under the clutch cover.

Troll that 361 excells all over. There is no better saw period in that size range. I know you call it the Husky that Husky never built but I beg to differ, its all Stihl baby,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

His 361 should be taken away for cursing that saw with such words.:chainsaw:

Naaaaaaaa we can't do that, Witchy would have a cold house. Troll uses that Stihl all the time while those other saws sit, can ya blame the man, course not,LOLOLOL

hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what STIHL isn't? (other than the 200T):cheers:

funny, i noticed today the 026 wouldn't clear the noodles as well.
i guess it should have though. seemed like they gather at the back and a lot would run all the way around and get hung up at the top front of the cover. the 361 does this too to some extent but nowhere near as bad.
could it be the chain speed?
maybe the stock chain catcher on the 026?

Latest posts

Back