Flippy caps going BYE BYE?...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMROD48

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just got a load of trimmers in...

Pulled an FS90R out of the box and too my surprise a twist on/in cap...

Similar to the old TS400 cap...

Maybe I missed the product update bulletin...:msp_confused:

Just at the Stihl dealer yesterday when they received a large box of new flippy caps to replace the recalled ones, so flippy caps are here to stay.

Just at the Stihl dealer yesterday when they received a large box of new flippy caps to replace the recalled ones, so flippy caps are here to stay.

Well yes of course...I mean if they made them NLA wouldnt they have to send out new gas tanks?...:msp_rolleyes:

You can still get pre flippy cap, gas caps...

So anyone else?

I would argue that receiving a load of flippy caps might be just as much indication they may not stay as will stay. Afterall, there's a reason for the delivery of all those caps...

GOOD..

I filled up my New KM90 the other day and I couldn't for the life of me get that Damm flippy cap back on.. I was not a happy camper, after I walked away to cool off and came back I figured out that it was stuck in the closed postion.. I really don't like those things..

The cap issue

Well I like the flipy caps on my falling saws, Both my Stihl blower and weedeater have skrew caps. The Flipy caps leak on weed eaters when the fuel tank opening is straigth down:msp_scared:

I would argue that receiving a load of flippy caps might be just as much indication they may not stay as will stay. Afterall, there's a reason for the delivery of all those caps...

Well I received 30 caps a week ago and have 30 more on order TO REPLACE THE RECALLED CAPS...

I hope they keep the flippy caps. They're easy to ridicule. I mean, what's next, nerds are going to stop wearing horn rimmed glasses and pocket protectors??

Well I received 30 caps a week ago and have 30 more on order TO REPLACE THE RECALLED CAPS...

So what's the protocol to get a new cap? I received a letter from Stihl and my blower is one of the models that's part of the recall. Do I just go to the dealer and ask for a new cap or are they collecting the old caps?

Hi spacey!

The point of this thread was not to debate wether or not they were good-bad-just a piece of plastic that shouldnt be smarter than the person operating them...

It was to see if anyone else had seen any units the previously came with them that are no longer...

Guess I am the only person in the world, or of the 50 or so that have read this thread anyway...:msp_biggrin:

I personally like them (have 5 pieces of equipment with them) and have only seen a selected few that were problomatic...they were changed and have gone on to provide lots of usefull service to the end users...

Oh well I guess its true...Some people are dumber than a flippy cap...

:msp_biggrin::laugh:

So what's the protocol to get a new cap? I received a letter from Stihl and my blower is one of the models that's part of the recall. Do I just go to the dealer and ask for a new cap or are they collecting the old caps?

Walk in with unit, dealer changes them out, takes down info, you walk away...simple as that..

I normally keep 6 caps in stock and they went out the door in about 15 seconds, so maybe call them and make sure they have some before driving there...

Sure a lot of dummies out there if they fly out the door in that pace....LOL.
Just sayin....

There is a recall...hmmm guess you didnt hear...doesnt have anything to do with being a dummy...

Stihl is RECALLING THE CAPS on all blowers and trimmers up to a certain serial numbers...

National Recall....(may be world wide not sure)

:msp_biggrin:

I like the flippy caps that are orange in the center. The ones with white just don't do it for me.

There is a recall...hmmm guess you didnt hear...doesnt have anything to do with being a dummy...

Stihl is RECALLING THE CAPS on all blowers and trimmers up to a certain serial numbers...

Think he meant 'you are a dummy for buying Stihl in the first place.' "Sharks with freakin lasers man, sharks with friggin lasers..."

I know about the recall, I was just referring to that line in your sig ;)

Is it just coincidence that all those Stihl users stand in line to replace a cap that is recalled....or are those caps functioning so welll they need to be replaced "more than usual". I think I know the answer, but alas, I have to admit that flippy caps outsmart me all the time.

I hope someone finds an answer to this cap nonsense and renders Stihl a well deserved financial kick in the butt so bad, that Andreas himself makes a visit down to the engineering floor.

Gawd gamn I just got my frist flippy cap to fit the new crankcase on my 034 (MS360 case) better not can them just yet! I actually like it!

Latest posts

Back