Flush-Mount Fireplace Insert Experience?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KindlingKing

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Avalon "Perfect Fit" or Lopi "Declaration" flushmount fireplace inserts? I have the Avalon Olympic woodstove and love it but am moving and will have to retrofit a fireplace to take a flushmount insert. I was curious if anyone has feedback on either of these two models or could offer recommendations for any other brands that may be on the market.

i have a lopi freedom. was gonna go flush mount but i decided i liked the idea of some radiant heat in case of a power outage.

We have the Olympic Avalon and love it. My sister just bought the Olympic flush mount, but hasn't installed it yet. This was against the advice of the guy at the stove place I used. The flush mount one is A LOT more expensive. The flush mount does look nice, but I really like our Avalon.

Is yours the Olympic wood stove or fireplace insert? We have the insert.

I have a friend with the Lopi, he is very happy with it. Great heat output and very modern looking with a number of different trim options. I'd buy one if I had it to do all over again.

I really appreciate the feedback. My Avalon Olympic is set up as an insert. I absolutely love it. Our current house is only 1388 square feet and my wife likes it warm in the winters, 80 to 85 degrees..... I usually have to open up windows and help with the global warming effort (always thought the tropics were nice :)). Anyhow, that stove could definitely heat a 2500 square foot home.

Are there any insights into burn times with the flush mounts that Lopi and Avalon make? It looks like the fireboxes are roughly the same large size as the Olympic. I'm assuming I could get the same all night burns with one of these. I agree that I would miss out on the radiant heat not having a stove sticking out of the fireplace but my wife much prefers aesthetics and the new home doesn't have a hearth to go with the fireplace...... Life is a series of compromises.

This is probably too late but I just moved into a new house with a freedom bay insert with a blower. It puts out great heat but I miss my waist high woodburnig stove with an ash tray. I don't like having to crouch down to ground level to load wood (which can be pretty heavy with a big insert) and shoveling ash is a messy hassle. One's particular situation may prohibit a waist high stove with ashtray but personally I think it's the best way to go if you'll be using your stove regularly.

Latest posts

Back